- San Francisco, CA, USA
When you join Ancestry, you join our family tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, we’re creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it’s reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. With over 10 billion digitized historical records, 100 million family trees, and 14 million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the world.
You will be an integral part of a team consisting of population geneticists, epidemiologists, genetic counselors, laboratory scientists and product development specialists, generating and communicating impactful insights involving personalized genomics. This position will be located at our headquarters in Lehi, Utah or our office in San Francisco, California.
What you will do:
- Create content to communicate information to the general population concerning risks associated with health and wellness.
- Develop tools to collect and evaluate information associated with health and wellness.
- Define principles and guidelines to insure comprehension of information, while maintaining an engaging and educational experience for the customer.
- Develop and iterate upon ways to convey residual risk, uncertainties, evolution of knowledge, heritability and association vs causation.
- Develop and evaluate survey data to identify and validate genetic associations.
- Design and review study data concerning the comprehension of provided information.
- Maintain current knowledge in relevant medical literature and related information technology systems.
- MS in Genetic Counseling from an accredited institution.
- ABGC Certification and state licensure (when applicable) is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of prior clinical genetic counseling or relevant laboratory experience (preferred, not required)
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional teams as a strong team player as well as independently.
- Successful history and ability to handle several fast-paced projects concurrently.
- Great communication, writing and presentation skills to Scientific and non-Scientific audiences.
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.