Senior Marketing Manager AU/NZ
- Sydney NSW, Australia
Working for Ancestry (shortlisted for Mumbrella’s 2017 Marketing Team of the Year) offers a career defining opportunity to be part of a fast growing consumer facing online business with a vibrant culture and ample opportunities to advance your career. Ancestry is seeking a talented Senior Marketing Manager to help lead their marketing activity and drive business growth across the Australia and New Zealand markets. The position reports to the AU/NZ Country Manager and is based in the heart of Sydney’s CBD on George St.
We are looking for an analytical, innovative and enthusiastic Senior Marketing Manager to join the team. You will work in a high performing marketing team of three, and support the Country Manager by planning, executing and optimising marketing activity designed to engage our target audience and deliver growth to the business.
What You'll Do:
- Data driven approach to marketing – using data to identify opportunities, and measure, optimise and benchmark all activity.
- Day to day responsibility for delivering and performance of marketing activity for AU/NZ
- End to end ownership of creative strategy and execution of integrated, cross channel marketing campaigns to drive acquisition and retention, from planning and briefing agencies, to execution and evaluation/reporting
- Working closely with our creative, media and PR agencies
- All aspects of Brand Experience – onsite testing and optimisation, SEO, CRM - working closely with our internal global teams.
- Continually review performance, changes to market, consumer trends, competitors and adjust plans accordingly
- Working closely with our Insights team to identify and leverage consumer insights, as well as manage ongoing brand and consumer metrics.
- Liaising with internal global teams (including Analytics, Legal, Member Services) to deliver solutions and achieve business objectives.
- Providing leadership and guidance to a team of 2 talented Marketing Managers (Media and Brand Experience) to achieve business goals and support their career development.
Who You Are:
- 8+ years’ marketing experience (client or agency side)
- A bachelor’s degree or related professional experience
- Marketing budget management & demonstrated experience across the entire marketing mix - you’ll be as comfortable debating brand architecture as you will be digging into SEM performance.
- Data and analytics competencies - you need to love working with numbers, and demonstrate ability in using data to draw actionable insights and make information-based decisions
- eCommerce experience; working across a portfolio of products a strong advantage
- Strong agency management
- Experience of leading effectively in an international business environment
- A passionate, energetic and ambitious individual keen to further develop their career in marketing
- Confident communicator, both written and verbal, with experience in writing marketing communications
- Creative, with a knack for knowing what will interest and engage a target audience
- Proven project management skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks under pressure
- A team player who is a strong cultural fit, committed, hardworking and innovative, always looking at new ways to challenge the status quo
- Comfortable working in a small team and small office environment – i.e. with no office manager
- Have occasional flexibility with working hours to take part in calls with London, Dublin, San Francisco and Salt Lake City. Also able to travel internationally once or twice a year
- Interest in or experience of family history research or consumer genomics a bonus
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry.com Inc. is interested in you and we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce with equal opportunities for employment.
By applying for this position you will be supplying personal information to Ancestry Information Operations Company of 52/55 Sir John Rogersons Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland. Your information will also be shared with other companies within the Ancestry.com group. Your information will be used to assess your suitability for the advertised position. We also will retain the information you provide and use it to consider you for future vacancies and may contact you if such positions arise. If you want us to delete your information at any time please write to the HR team at the above address.