Product Manager, Operations - AncestryDNA
- Lehi, UT, USA
As a Product Manager with AncestryDNA and our Operations team you will be responsible for bringing together engineers, designers, operations team members and departments from around the company to deliver software projects, as well as understand the effect on operations of supporting projects. You will actively participate in supply chain strategy, engineering and improvement projects, inventory and costs to deliver industry-leading supply chain performance outcomes. To succeed, you need to operate comfortably at the intersection of business, technology, and user experience and be both a high-level strategic thinker and a roll-up-your-sleeves operator.
What You Will Do:
- Work with other Operations Product Managers in setting the product strategy, prioritize features, build consensus, and coordinate product delivery schedules with a team of engineers and designers to ship high-quality solutions.
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders across operations; will need to manage back-log of various Engineering teams, their processes and systems of work.
- Drive the entire product lifecycle of your feature/product - from conception, requirements gathering & design, development, testing all the way through launch
- Create product specifications and possibly wireframes to convey interaction models and edge cases; will be a key contributor to being a UX resource for the team
- Define methods and metrics for identifying success and failure while ensuring the team is clear on their objectives
- Take ownership and accountability over projects and outcomes; will be a key leader over a variety of projects
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's Degree is required
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in Product or Project Management (supply chain experience preferred)
- Preferred 2 years of Product Management or Product Analyst experience in supply chain software systems.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with managing the collaboration between numerous engineering teams; owning the product vision, roadmap, product scenarios, user stories, and backlog for your products
- Incredibly smart, creative, driven, and experienced navigating a complex organization to deliver amazing products quickly
- Experience designing and implementing Supply-Chain Software
- Self-starter and able to work well with individuals at all levels and across functions
- Project management skills with a variety of projects simultaneously while also meeting strict deadline targets.
- Highly collaborative work style across a diverse set of teams
- Experience with partners in supply-chain or genomics space a plus.
Working for Ancestry
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.