Senior Paralegal, Contracts Manager
- 153 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
Ancestry is seeking a Senior Paralegal, Contracts Manager to own our patent program and take on a key role in building our contracts management program. The Patent Team strives to protect and grow Ancestry’s intellectual property as well as incentivize the continued participation of our inventors. As Sr. Paralegal, you will manage the promotion of our patent program as well as provide lead support to our AGC. As Contracts Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to put best practices in place and transform how we manage contracts at Ancestry.
What you will do:
- Take on the role of “Guru” on the contract processes and systems.
- Draft standard contracts and templates for department and company use.
- Identify opportunities to streamline contract review processes.
- Drive creation of appropriate Contract Admin handbook/process guidelines.
- Organize and support Ancestry’s domestic and international IP portfolio and patent incentive program.
- Design and implement scalable processes to manage and streamline IP-related projects.
- Assist with project management, implementation of new systems and added features to current systems (e.g., contract management, Oracle purchasing information, automated NDA) that integrate across other company systems (ServiceNow, Oracle and DocuSign).
- Conduct legal research across a range of issues.
- Identify and address pain points in processes or terminology.
- Organize key materials to support benchmarking projects and budgetary forecasting.
- Drive and manage cross-functional tasks with oversight from attorneys as necessary.
- Assist with managing outside counsel and 3rd party providers.
- Significantly contribute to or leads projects for the good of the Legal Department and community.
Who You Are:
- Excellent project management skills.
- Strong proficiency with MS Excel.
- Able to undertake complex projects with little supervision.
- High level of independent judgment.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, attention to detail, and proficiency in Microsoft and Google software applications.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to manage internal customer expectations.
- Strong organizational skills, self-motivated with a keen eye for detail.
- Experience with patent document management or familiarity with IP specific systems re: portfolio management, domain management, the USPTO PAIR systems is a plus.
- Experience with U.S./PCT/non-PCT patent prosecution, Information Disclosure Statements is a plus.
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means .
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.