Senior Software Developer (Full Stack)
- Lehi, UT, USA
Ancestry is looking for a Senior Software Developer to help fundamentally transform our emerging business content production platform. You will be a key member of a team designing and developing our continuous flow of production images and metadata to Newspapers.com. You will be required to investigate, design and implement a micro service architecture using cloud technologies and platforms. Must be able to analyze services for bottlenecks and performance issues then design and implement solutions. Since we are an agile and close-knit team (small), the ideal candidate will be open to sudden shifts in frameworks and development tasks, willing to step on toes (politely) to get things done, and most of all willing to learn new technologies.
This position is located in Lehi, UT.
- Creating/managing REST API endpoints (Java Spring)
- Experience with Linux and SQL
- Experience in writing excellent Unit and Integration Tests
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Self-starter, willing to get involved and do whatever is needed to get the job done.
- Good communication skills that can deal with diverse members of our internal production team and overseas vendors
- Understanding of software development process, including object oriented analysis, design, and implementation
Additional Desired Skills:
- Experience developing and deploying cloud based solutions.
- AWS integration including ECS, RDS, DynamoDB, Lambda
- Creating/managing docker deployed Java stacks
- Good understanding of high-availability/Fault-tolerance and caching techniques
- Good understanding of design patterns
- IntelliJ/Eclipse and Microsoft Visual Studio
- GIT source control
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers. (REF)
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.
IND 1 #LI-Post