- Dublin, Ireland
This is a professional position with potential for significant growth in the organization for the right candidate. The Associate Genealogist works with Research Managers to research, document, and prepare client sessions. They assist in gathering materials, clerical work, records dissemination and support to allow the Research Managers to focus on the Research project and analysis.
This position will focus predominantly on Ireland, and Irish/US immigration records.
What you will do:
- Conduct genealogical research, analysis, interpretation, source citation that aligns with client’s stated goals, and communicate findings through a research report
- Provide written research plans, updates and reports to the Research Manager
- Plan session from start to finish while working within budgetary constraints
- Properly cite all sources, prepare abstract and reports and create and edit online trees
- Format and conduct preliminary proofing of journals and reports
- Accurately track time
- Degree in Family History Research, English, History or related field, plus 2-5 years of professional genealogical research experience
- Experience with sources and repositories regarding Irish records and, expertise in immigration between Ireland and the US
- Excellent genealogical problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite as well as various web-based tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a typing speed of at least 55wpm
- Ability to manage and prioritize several tasks simultaneously
- Self-starter with the desire and energy to achieve goals under tight deadlines
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page: www.workforancestry.com.
By applying for this position you will be supplying personal information to Ancestry Information Operations Company of 52/55 Sir John Rogersons Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland. Your information will also be shared with other companies within the Ancestry group. Your information will be used to assess your suitability for the advertised position. We also will retain the information you provide and use it to consider you for future vacancies and may contact you if such positions arise. If you want us to delete your information at any time please write to the HR team at the above address.