Site Reliability Engineer - Cloud Team
- San Francisco, CA
Ancestry is seeking a talented SOFTWARE DEVELOPER with a solid understanding of INFRASTRUCTURE to join our Cloud team. This position will be instrumental in helping us move Ancestry from traditional application architecture, into a single datacenter, to a scalable Microservices Architecture deployed to the cloud, based on open-source technologies.
What you will do:
- Develop with Java and/or Python, Spring, REST, and NodeJ
- Manage Services in the AWS Cloud
- Manage data with technologies such as MemCache, Cassandra, DynamoDB, MySQL, AWS Aurora
- MicroServices Architecture
- Containerization with technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, CoreOS
- Migration from Relational Databases to NoSQL Solutions as appropriate
- Build deployment pipelines
- 3-7 years Java or Python experience
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Databases such as Cassandra, MySQL, SQL Server, etc.
- Version Control Systems, such as git, Mercurial, Subversion, etc.
- Basic understanding of Microservices Architecture
- Successful implementation of high performance, scalable systems
- Basic understanding of the cloud and managed services, specifically AWS
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.