Senior Software Engineer - Backend (Multiple Openings)
- Welsh St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
About the Role
Role: Senior Software Engineer - Backend (Multiple Openings)
Location: San Francisco, California, United States - 94107
Position Type: Full Time + Benefits
Transfer: H1-B transfers accepted, min. 24 months left on H1-B or when I-140 is approved
Sponsorship of new visas: NO
Our direct client is seeking Senior Software Engineer - Backend.
- As a Senior Engineer, you provide leadership from inside a project.
- You use your wealth of experience to find creative solutions to hard technical problems and elevate team practices.
- You work closely with other technical leaders to champion the quality of our product, mentor engineers, and build a highly available, performant system that scales globally with our fast-growing business.
- As an engineering team, we value small cross-functional teams with a deep understanding of the technical stack.
- We build, test, and operate the services we build, including having engineers participate in on-call rotation.
- We believe that empathy, curiosity, and humility enable healthy and respectful disagreements, which allow us to achieve creative breakthroughs.
If this sounds like you, apply now!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Build a secure, highly available cloud system that reliably ingests, quotes, and tracks millions of parts as they are manufactured around the world.
- Because we handle a significant amount of pre-production intellectual property, it is critical that we protect our customer’s data even as we move it across the globe.
- Set the standard for building high-quality software.
- This is 100% a hands-on role where you will tackle complex problems, design clean solutions, write clear code (including tests!), and lead by example.
- We are looking for folks willing to jump into our most complex modules and solve our trickiest problems.
- Promote best practices for working together to frequently deliver changes to production. Software development is a team sport, and we look to all our engineers to help one another achieve team goals, ensure uptime for our services, and give/receive feedback on how we can improve individually and collectively.
- Tackling a wide range of technical systems and challenges.
- We’re growing fast as a product and business, so the type of work will be dynamic and diverse.
- Examples of things you may work on include implementing token-based authorization and access control, developing algorithms to optimize job matching to manufacturing partners, building graceful failover between two third-party shipping services, and optimizing database queries to scale our backend services.
What We Need
- Experience with building and deploying applications in public clouds like AWS, GCP, and Azure
- A strong, hands-on technical track record of delivering public-facing APIs (REST, GraphQL)
- Extensive experience working with scalable cloud services, particularly with event-based asynchronous programming frameworks like Node.js or distributed queues
- Deep understanding of distributed systems concepts like caching, traceability, security, databases, sharding, and regional deployments
- Proven ability to be self-directed and operate effectively in a fast-paced and high-energy environment
- Nice to have experience in Enterprise-class AuthZ/AuthN (SSO, OAuth2, OpenIDConnect and etc.)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.