Lead Data Scientist
You will join a world-class team of engineers and data scientists from Facebook, Uber, Amazon and Google. We are a fast growing consulting firm based in Toronto with clients ranging from leading startups building impactful technologies to Fortune 500 companies looking to scale their engineering and data capabilities.
We are looking for a Data Science Lead who will:
Partner closely with our clients' executive and technical teams to guide their decisions relating to AI, analytics, data engineering and data in general
Proactively identify and champion projects that solve complex problems across multiple domains
Apply specialized skills and fundamental data science methods (e.g. experimental design, recommender systems and machine learning when needed) to inform improvements to our clients' businesses
Design and implement end-to-end data pipelines: work closely with stakeholders to build models, tables or schemas that support our clients' business processes
Empower teams both internal and external to build and maintain actionable KPIs, production-quality dashboards, informative deep dives, and scalable data products
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or Statistics
- 3-7 years of commercial experience as a data science lead solving high impact business problems, including 1+ years leading and maintaining high performance data science teams
- Extensive experience using Python including a strong grasp of object oriented programming (OOP) fundamentals
- Experience building data pipelines and driving ETL design decisions
- Experience delivering business impact through analysis and data products
- Technical leadership and management experience where you can jump into the code to the level that your peers admire and respect, and are also interested in helping mentor your peers
- Experience creating data product strategies, shipping data products, iterating after launch, and trying again
- Strong ability to prioritize and communicate to technical and non-technical audiences alike
- Working knowledge of Snowflake
- Devops experiences a plus
We have very competitive compensation.
Work on cool projects based on your interests and skills. We believe in accountability and NOT micro-management.