Data Scientist - Data Analytics and Infrastructure (remote)
- 245 Yorkland Blvd, North York, ON M2J 4Y7, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
You will join a world-class team of engineers and data scientists from Facebook, Uber, Amazon and Google. We are a fast growing consulting firm based in Toronto with clients ranging from leading startups building impactful technologies to Fortune 500 companies looking to scale their engineering and data capabilities.
We are looking for Data Scientists who are passionate about analytics and using data to help drive business decisions. You enjoy working with structured and/or unstructured data and are motivated to produce highly actionable results. You are experienced in architecting data ETL workflows and schemas. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for this role.
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or Statistics
- Hands on experience working with user engagement, social, marketing, and/or finance data
- Proficient in Python (i.e. Pandas, Numpy, scikit-learn, etc), R, TensorFlow, amongst other data science related tools and libraries
- Extensive experience working on relational databases, designing complex data schemas, and writing SQL queries
- Deep knowledge on performance tuning of ETL Jobs, SQL, and databases
- Analytical mind and strong business acumen
- Working knowledge of Snowflake
- Devops experiences a plus
We have very competitive compensation.
Work on cool projects based on your interests and skills. We believe in accountability and NOT micro-management.