- Oceanside, CA
a•light is hiring! www.alight.com Our growing organization requires a capable Operations Coordinator!
a•light is exciting customer driven architectural lighting design and manufacturing company located in the Oceanside, California.
a•light will offer to the right candidate an opportunity to utilize their knowledge and experience to enhance our operational excellence.
If you are qualified and enthusiastic, please apply through the link on this page.
Responsible for the coordination of operations as pertaining to manufactured product material flow, forecasting, usage control, planning, and the requisition of needed materials as required to deliver economic production continuity. Analyzes, coordinates and expedites flow of materials, parts, and assemblies within or between departments in accordance with production plan.
Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Sifts and analyze data using Microsoft excel to enhance operational purchasing and planning requirements.
- Sources new and current vendors for goods and services which meet quality requirements, negotiates favorable pricing/terms and ensures timely delivery.
- Continually works to improve quality, delivery and costs through programs which improve the overall quality of suppliers, clearly define requirements with Engineering and Suppliers, and negotiate improved terms with existing suppliers.
- Assures that orders are entered and updated within the computer system in an accurate and timely manner; that all information is complete and that requirements are clearly defined.
- Reviews open requirements, monitors supplier performance and expedites when necessary.
- Develops, tracks, and analyzes metrics pertaining to supplier performances.
- Reviews invoices for purchased commodities as required by Accounts Payable; assures that documentation is complete and accurate; and resolves discrepancies with A/P in a timely manner.
- Assures that issues relating to delivery, quality or pricing are promptly addressed with suppliers and resolved in a timely manner per standard procedures.
- Minimizes and reduces shortage/stock out situations.
- Performs root cause / corrective action activities on systemic issues that may arise.
- Utilizes MRP systems to offer 90+% customer service levels.
- Maintains and develops stock programs.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to organize, manage, and analyze multiple data points.
- Experience in working with people from other cultures.
- A high-energy individual with a can-do attitude.
- Possibility of travel, based on business requirements, within the US.
- An effective communicator and problem-solver.
- Must be highly organized and have close attention to detail.
- Performs additional activities as requested.Sets the production plan to meet manufacturing operational excellence requirements.
- Strives to level load production schedules to ensure efficient and cost effective production.
- Recommends labor levels for efficient production and on-time delivery.
- Reacts and reschedules production when needed to accommodate unexpected situations.
- Monitors, analyzes and reports production performance for Operations.
- Determines product delivery dates based on material availability and labor capacity.
- Updates master production schedule to reflect correct completion dates.
- Revises production schedules when required due to labor or material shortages.
- Recommends labor and machine requirements to meet short and long term production schedules.
- Releases work for production per schedule.
- Ensures appropriate inventory for efficient production.
- Monitors shipping risks and opportunities.
- Identifies, recommends and takes corrective actions to solve production issues.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be expert level in Microsoft Excel with analytic skills to match. (Please do not apply if you do not have this qualification. This skill is mandatory for consideration for the position.)
- BA /BS Degree in Business, Manufacturing or related discipline or APIC / CPIM Certification.
- Minimum 2-4 years successful production planning and/or materials management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 2-4 years successful purchasing in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of inventory control.
- Experienced in the use of ERP/MRP Systems.
- Lean manufacturing experience, preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong analytical ability.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
This job operates in an office that is in an open warehouse environment that is exposed the to dust, odors and noise. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The employee is exposed to a variety of extreme conditions that may be found on the production floor. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms and requires the ability to occasionally lift office products, supplies, materials and fixtures up to 30 pounds. The ability to work on a computer while sitting. The ability to stand and walk on a production floor for extended periods of time.
About the Company:
a•light is a leading design-manufacturer of energy efficient commercial lighting products.
a•light focuses on high-end architectural products designed for specification by architects, lighting designers, interior designers and engineers.
a•light operates out of our 54,000 sq. ft. facility in Oceanside, CA and build state-of-the-art, energy efficient lighting for installation into countless commercial, institutional, industrial and government building projects throughout North and South America.
EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity)
Disclaimer: "The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Nothing in the job description restricts the company's rights to change, assign, or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time for any reason."