Development Manager of Distributed Engineering
- 75 State St, Boston, MA 02109, USA
The Development Manager of Distributed Engineering will play a critical role in Engineering team. Specifically, the Development Manager of Distributed Engineering will help coordinate and facilitate work conducted by our engineering team in Israel in partnership with our US-based engineers. The right candidate has experience leading teams coordinating work between co-located teams following the Scrum agile development methodology and is passionate about delivering a quality product on schedule. This position will tightly coordinate work and deliverables between our engineering teams, coordinate customer deliverables from planning through release while managing risks and ensuring product quality.
- Manage execution of deliverables for an Israeli-based development team
- Fluency (both written and spoken) in Hebrew is a requirement
- Facilitate coordination between remote engineering teams
- Communicate status and schedule with the appropriate stakeholders
- Identify and track project risks and build mitigation strategies
- Lead daily scrums, sprint planning, and review meetings
- Minimum of 5 years of experience leading agile software development teams
- Deep understanding of software development, management, and release processes
- Experience with leading distributed teams is required
- Strong cross-functional communication skills
- Strong technical understanding of web-based client-server applications
- Details oriented and results driven
- Strong analytical problems solving skills
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
Should you join American Well and the Engineering team, you can expect:
The development organization is a multi-disciplinary team of engineers dedicated to creating a state of the art TeleHealth experience on every platform we can get our hands on. Our cross-functional teams follow a pragmatic Agile methodology as we balance feature requests, strategic initiatives, tech debt, and exciting partnerships on the path to delivering a market leading product to a quickly growing customer base. We work hand in hand with the whole American Well organization to ensure that our product meets the needs of all of our users.
Whether you’re an advocate for the latest and greatest iOS and Android features, are committed to the ideal back-end architecture, or are dedicated to providing the best web usability, we have a place for you on our team.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Three weeks of vacation time
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks