Provider Services Manager
- 75 State St, Boston, MA 02109, USA
American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Provider Services Manager. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Provider Services Manager will play a critical role in Professional Services team. Specifically, the Provider Services Manager will be interfacing with Providers and Physician Practices, as well as Population Health, Technology, Product, and Marketing organizations. The Services Manager will be responsible for supporting all aspects of the Provider Market and Private Practice offering to continue to expand and grow these strategic telehealth service lines.
- Serves as an expert in all aspects of the American Well platform
- During the initial Provider setup and Practice implementation, serves as the primary contact and manages all aspects of the Practice setup and Provider onboarding. Coordinates with Engineering, Marketing, and other internal teams to ensure timely delivery of services
- Manages Practice and Provider expectations by building relationships, communicating project status and open issues, preparing reports, and managing change
- Manages the overall requirements process to ensure the Practice and Provider accounts are configured to meet the business needs, providing functional and technical guidance to ensure smooth delivery of service
- Assists with creation and maintenance of Provider-facing tools and asset to aid training and onboarding
- Communicates Provider Service updates with team members and management
- Utilizes sound judgment in assessing account health; identifying, mitigating and resolving issues and risks to on-time, quality delivery
- Provides ongoing support and management of Provider accounts, new business initiatives, software upgrades, and enhancements
- Partners with Population Health and Professional Services teams to support account growth and drive ongoing project activities in support of organizational goals
- Contributes to continuous process improvements within the Professional Services organization
- 2+ years of project and service management and/or consulting experience concurrently managing multiple projects in a technical and cross-functional environment, leading Practice Providers and team members through complex system implementations and integrations with aggressive delivery deadlines
- Proven experience in healthcare industry with specific exposure to Providers and their Physician Practices is preferred
- Exceptional communication, team building, process development and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Outstanding time management and organization skills
- Ability to utilize effective communication or negotiation skills, employing diplomacy and sensitivity to resolve critical or escalated issues affecting the Practice, Providers or project team, or senior management
- Fluency with Microsoft Office Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Salesforce, and Survey Monkey
- MBA and/or Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification preferred
Should you join American Well and the Professional Services team, you can expect:
Work hard play hard is definitely the mentality of the Professional Services team. We are the movers and the shakers in the American Well pyramid. Tasked with advancing client goals, workflows, and overall experience, thinking “outside of the box” is the only consistency each day on the Professional Services Team!
Comprised of five key areas of focus - Health Systems, Health Plans, Employers, Strategic Accounts, and a Project Management Office - this poised, articulate and fast-paced team is the driving force between our clients and American Well’s revolutionary technology. Each specialized area within the Professional Services team has a common goal of managing an effortless and efficient user experience from behind the scenes; this team bridges the gap between the wants and needs of each unique client, putting them into action.
Telehealth is a new, exciting and evolving technology, changing the healthcare world. If you are passionate about healthcare, and would like to be surrounded by energetic, innovative team members…. We can’t wait to meet you!
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Three weeks of vacation time
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks