Senior Marketing Manager, Health Plan and Employer Engagement
- 75 State St, Boston, MA 02109, USA
American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in marketing. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The Senior Marketing Manager for Health Plan and Employer Engagement will play a critical role on the Marketing team. As a Senior Marketing Manager, you’ll be responsible for consulting with our health plan and employer partners to develop marketing strategies and support them through member acquisition and retention for their telehealth platform. You’ll be managing large-scale, multi-channel marketing programs for well-known health plans.
You'll be responsible for driving utilization for clients’ telehealth programs, retaining and growing the marketing partnership, and carrying a sales quota. Through this unique blend of strategic thinking and executional ability, you will have ample opportunity to impact the growth of American Well’s marketing business.
Specifically, the Senior Marketing Manager, Health Plan and Employer Engagement will:
- Effectively partner with our health plan and employer clients, gaining the trust of the most senior client representatives through exceptional communication, relationship building and error-free program execution.
- Develop a consistent track record of revenue growth for our health plan and employer business
- Manage reporting for clients, including data pulls, analysis and presentation
- Work with the account owner to define, report on, and optimize key metrics
- Oversee the execution of marketing programs for health plan and employer clients, in partnership with our marketing team’s channel leads
- Take initiative to define new programs that drive growth and develop processes that streamline internal workflows
- Some travel required, 20-25%
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA or equivalent preferred
- 6+ years of experience in marketing at an agency, within the health care or health plan, or direct to consumer brand
- Must have client-facing experience; healthcare marketing experience strongly preferred
- Desire to work with clients, often at the most senior level
- Excellent presentation skills, adept in PowerPoint and Excel
- Direct experience running cross-channel marketing programs, including paid digital, email, direct mail and SEO. Expertise running employer marketing programs a plus.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, and a “how can we get this done” attitude
- Polish – the ability to conduct yourself with the most senior levels at our partner companies
- Unflappable, resilient and flexible
- Think strategically, act quickly, and roll-up-your sleeves
- Cross-functional team player – internally and externally
- Curious – no fear of asking question and willing to admit that you don’t know the answer
- Low ego, a team player
- Ability to juggle multiple ongoing projects while maintaining a keen attention to detail
Should you join American Well and the Marketing team, you can expect:
The marketing team is a collaborative, data-driven and creative team comprised of; corporate communications, corporate marketing, client marketing, and consumer marketing. Because American Well is the leader in a fast-growing industry, we have the dual opportunity and challenge of building our brand while we simultaneously educate and excite people about telemedicine. We are the company’s – and our clients – go-to marketing agency. We’re responsible for company branding and promotion, customer utilization and success, prospect and product marketing, as well as supporting client retention and business development through outreach, strategy, content, and events.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks