- 75 State St, Boston, MA 02109, USA
American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in public relations, internal communications and media management. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The PR Manager will play a critical role in managing telehealth specific public relations for health system or health plan clients contracting with American Well’s internal Consumer/Digital Marketing agency. They will also serve an internal function working closely with Corporate Communications and HR to communicate to American Well’s employees across its 4 locations, globally. This role is unique in that it functions as in-house position working across teams such as consumer marketing, corporate communications, HR and corporate marketing, with extensive face time with client teams. Specifically, the PR Manager will:
- Drive earned media traffic for clients that pay American Well to operate their consumer PR programs, as well as Amwell (American Well’s direct-to-consumer telehealth brand)
- Establish strong PR program focused on 2-4 specific clients, with buy-in from their PR teams and agencies
- Conduct consistent (daily) outreach to consumer-facing media for key clients and also Amwell
- Measure results of consumer PR campaigns, including articles published, impressions, inbound links, etc.
- Establish internal communications plan, working closely with Corporate Communications and HR to coordinate a monthly employee newsletter, messaging around All-Hands meetings, executive emails and support investor relations.
- Use PR to amplify other types of earned media, including organic search and social traffic.
- Lead our consumer influencer program, building networks of bloggers and other influencers on key channels including Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
- Report to PR clients on a monthly basis at minimum, including articles and results. Join other client marketing calls as necessary to support key clients.
- Coordinate closely with other client marketing teams (e.g. for health plan and health system clients) as well as channel teams including paid marketing, web, social and content marketing.
- Operate our inbound link program for press and influencers, measuring the number and quality of inbound links, as well as fixing or improving existing links. The end result here will be increased referral and organic search traffic.
- 25-50% travel as necessary
- 3+ years experience working in Public Relations either in-house or within an agency
- Experience in consumer-facing healthcare and/or internal communications is a plus
- Strong consumer media relationships, proven track record working with editors at top NYC publishing houses and health/tech media in San Francisco
- Experience presenting publicly, managing client or partner relationships
- Experience working with bloggers and social influencers is a plus
- Experience in working with broader consumer multi-channel marketing teams
- Comfort level working under pressure
- Strong writing skillset
- Go-getter attitude with ability to work solo or within broader team setup
- Attention to detail
- High standard of excellence for all work – from email interactions to drafting external communications and media outcomes
Should you join American Well and the Corporate Communications team, you can expect to:
- Join an exciting, fast-paced environment
- Help transform the healthcare industry, with real impact
- Drive storytelling for some of the most critical company use cases
- Work alongside dynamic communications and digital marketing professionals
- Receive mentorship from seasoned industry leaders
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks