- 75 State St, Boston, MA 02109, USA
American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in Accounting. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The Revenue Accountant will play a critical role in the Finance department. Specifically, the Revenue Accountant will be responsible for providing technical accounting analysis in accordance with U.S. GAAP and Company policies. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, a great communicator who thrives in a dynamic fast-paced environment. The candidate will work with various cross functional teams and report to the Revenue Manager.
- Analyze customer contracts for revenue elements and ensure proper revenue recognition.
- Complete month-end close activities including posting accurate entries and reporting of key revenue data.
- Review deferred revenue reconciliations and other key processes within the revenue close process.
- Provide technical accounting guidance in accordance with ASC Topic 606.
- Work with the Revenue Manager to successfully implement any necessary changes in the ERP revenue management tool to for 606 compliance.
- Partner with Order-to-Cash cross functional teams (Sales, Legal, Sales Ops, Finance, and/or AR) to ensure all fully executed agreements are properly booked and recognized accurately in our monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
- Partner with the FP&A group to ensure accurate budgeting and forecasting of revenue.
- Coordinate and respond to external audit queries for the corporate quarterly and annual audits to ensure auditors receive required information in an accurate and timely manner
- Calculate the standalone selling price analysis on a quarterly basis.
- Ensure compliance with SOX controls and business processes for all revenue recognition activities.
- Perform other ad hoc reporting requests as needed.
- BA/BS in Business with emphasis in Accounting or the equivalent related experience
- 2+ years related experience in Revenue, preferably experience with SaaS revenue in the technology industry
- Understand ASC 605 and 605-985 in depth. Understanding of ASC 606 a plus.
- A highly productive self-starter with very strong work ethic and commitment to excellence.
- Strong accountability and detail oriented; prepares accurate and timely work product.
- Ability to work independently and thrive and be a team player, multi-task, and meet required deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and messaging skills.
- Ability to adapt to the rapid business and organizational changes that accompany a high-growth environment.
- Understanding of global quote-to-cash business processes and best practices.
- Advanced Excel skills and knowledge of Salesforce.com
- Experience establishing a revenue recognition function in an ERP is a plus.
Should you join American Well and the Accounting and Finance team, you can expect:
Accounting and Finance is a service-oriented organization that is responsible for supporting the company's operations in all aspects of its business. We have deployed sophisticated enterprise resource planning solutions across the company in order to support the company’s growth to deliver actionable information to all stakeholders. The Accounting and Finance team is made up of dedicated professional team members.
Our day to day work involves dealing with complex accounting and tax matters and building sophisticated financial models to support key company decisions including cost-benefit and ROI models. Our organization is charged with the month-end close, financial reporting and analysis, tax compliance and planning, customer claims processing and management, customer invoicing, payroll, financial systems.
Working at American Well:
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks