Virtual Sales Executive, Health Systems
- 12018 Sunrise Valley Dr, Reston, VA 20191, USA
American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in Sales Department. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The Virtual Sales Executive (VSE) will play a critical role in the Sales department. Specifically, the Virtual Sales Executive, is a hunter role selling American Well’s telemedicine hardware solutions into health systems/providers. The selected individual will:
• Manage the entire end-to-end sales process, from lead generation to pipeline management through deal execution for standalone hardware opportunities in your region.
• Work closely with our New Business Regional Sales Directors when hardware is included in enterprise software opportunities.
• Work closely with Account Directors to expand hardware footprint at current clients. The VSE may work directly with the client or behind-the-scenes based on the dynamics of the account.
This hands-on, “roll-up-your-sleeves” position requires a high-energy, well-rounded sales professional who can contribute to growing a sales team while effectively pursuing new business opportunities. A strong background in healthcare sales, preferably with health systems or large physician practices, is a must. The highly consultative position requires an individual that can articulate the vision, convincingly present value, and has depth and breadth specific to healthcare service delivery.
Along with identifying and developing new sales opportunities, the selected individual will have a deep understanding in operating/contributing to a high-performance sales team. This includes lead generation and qualification, pipeline and opportunity management, proposal and presentation best practices, and managing overall opportunities from qualification to close. A proven track record of growing revenue, working collaboratively with internal business partners, and successfully driving results on a quarterly basis is essential.
· This is first and foremost a hunter role. You’ll be actively prospecting new business opportunities, as well as developing and upselling current clients.
· Manage the entire end-to-end sales process, from lead generation to pipeline management through deal execution for standalone hardware opportunities in your region.
· Work closely with our New Business Regional Sales Directors when hardware is included in enterprise software opportunities.
· Work closely with Account Directors to expand hardware footprint at current client sites. The Virtual Sales Executive may work directly with the client or behind-the-scenes based on the dynamics of the account.
· Create relationships with established Channel Partners to drive a regional strategy and break into new accounts.
· Successful candidates will be highly motivated self-starters, eager to learn, determined to adapt quickly, and comfortable with some ambiguity.
· Strong cross-functional teamwork and proven success engaging various pre/post sales resources required; including Business Development Representatives (BDR), Solutions Architects, Account Managers (AM), Sales Directors (SD), as well as Legal, Security, Professional Services, Marketing, & Support teams.
· Conduct in-depth research to create regional strategy to penetrate American Well hardware into region.
· Document and track all prospect and existing client interactions and lead follow-through using Salesforce.
· Execute detailed product presentations and web demonstrations of our hardware capabilities to C-level executives, directors, and sales managers.
· This is an Individual Contributor position and reports directly to the Director of Virtual Sales.
· This position will be based out of one of our main offices: Reston, VA; Boston, MA; or Seattle, WA.
· 25% travel required for training, conferences, and client/partner meetings.
· BS/BA in business, healthcare, computer science or equivalent.
· 3+ years’ experience in a hunter role selling healthcare IT.
· Consistent overachievement of quota and revenue goals.
· Experience selling to VPs / SVPs / C-levels of health systems or large physician practices.
· Proven ability to make strong connections and overcome rejection to achieve results
· This role is primarily office based; ideal candidate must be comfortable selling and presenting remotely using video technology.
· Demonstrated ability to conduct compelling remote presentations and product demonstrations to C-Level executives.
· Must thrive in a fast-paced environment with a focus on putting customers first.
· Team player, able to work across the organization.
· Strong computer skills, including Salesforce.com, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Should you join American Well and the Sales team, you can expect:
The Customer Solutions Sales organization is a highly motivated team on the front lines of an emerging and dynamic industry. This group of individuals are responsible for inspiring new clients – sharing the value and impact of telehealth. They bring a solutions approach to each new client including understanding vision and corporate objectives and helping shape go-to-market use cases.
The Sales team is constantly acquiring new knowledge to share with clients on best practices, value drivers, and trends affecting the healthcare industry. The team’s main goal is to develop relationships and drive revenue that fuels American Well’s growth and continued innovation.
Working at American Well:
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks