Senior Vice President, Clinical Solutions
- 75 State St, Boston, MA 02109, USA
American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in Clinical Solutions team. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
American Well seeks an executive to lead the Clinical Solutions division of the company. This individual has full P&L responsibility for the rapidly growing “supply-side” of our online doctor marketplace and optimizes the quantity and quality of doctors available to our patients. This person will have experience in healthcare service operations, with experience balancing supply and demand in a seasonal, growing business. They will also have significant experience taking new products and services to market, including strategy, business development, and go to market support.
· Ensure the operational success of the Online Care Group (OCG). The OCG is a nationwide multi-specialty medical group that includes over 3,200 physicians, therapists, nutritionists and other professionals practicing on American Well telehealth platforms.
· Lead a team of 50+ operational staff, including Clinical Program Development, Provider Engagement, Operations, Clinical quality, and finance.
· Continually improve processes and provide overall guidance on the required software product enhancements needed to support the efficient expansion of the services
· Interact with clients (payers, providers, healthcare innovators) to jointly develop new services
· Negotiate contracts with doctors, technology vendors, and American Well customers
· Mentor / train /support a growing team
· Must be a confident and analytical leader with a high level of intelligence demonstrated through effective problem solving skills, the ability to multitask and make decisions quickly
· Takes a positive and proactive approach to management with the proven ability to build teams of top talent and foster a culture of high performance
· Must be a charismatic, executive-level presence with the ability to establish relationships with key influencers and decision-makers
· Leverages data to lead in a metrics-driven environment and holds his/her team accountable to established metrics; ideally has created metrics and KPIs for a company in a high growth environment
· Brings demonstrated success with P&L management
· Experience working with payers and/or providers on contracting and creating alternative clinical models.
· Effective communication and negotiation skills, employing diplomacy and sensitivity to resolve critical or escalated issues affecting customers, physicians, or senior management
· 10+ years of service operations experience, ideally working with hospitals, large physician groups and/or external customer service for providers.
· Bachelor’s degree, Masters degree preferred. Ideal candidate with have an MBA from a top-tier institution.
Should you join American Well and the Clinical Solutions team, you can expect:
The Clinical Solutions team is a fast growing, fast paced team who manages a large national multi-specialty medical group whoconnect to patients through live, video visits. Care is delivered via dozens of client-branded telehealth systems in which you will play a key role in supporting.
The Clinical Solutions team currently provides multiple services to the general public, as well as multiple employer groups,health plans, health systems, and innovators. Ranging from Urgent Care to Psychiatry services, Clinical Solutions operates in 50 states.
Online Care allows patients and consumers to connect with physicians immediately, through a new and innovative technology known as Telemedicine. Whether a patient has the flu or a general health question, they can access the professional help of our providers from the comfort of their home or office. The innovation uses advanced Web-based technologies and telephony to remove traditional barriers to healthcare access, including insurance coverage, geography, mobility and time constraints.
The Clinical Services team is comprised of 4 key areas: Clinical Programs, Provider Engagement, Operations, and Clinical Quality. We all work together in efforts to help find the best doctors to work on the platform, support their needs technology wise, and build relationships to make the provider and patient experience unique and successful.
Working at American Well:
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks