IT System Administrator
- 12018 Sunrise Valley Dr, Reston, VA 20191, USA
American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in IT. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The IT System Administrator will play a critical role in the Corporate IT Department. Specifically, the IT System Administrator will be responsible for supporting the company’s corporate IT infrastructure including all workstations, laptops (Mac and PC), mobile devices, telephony, servers and limited responsibility for the storage system. This role requires a hands-on administrator who is up to date with current technologies, who has experience building and operating in a corporate production environment, and who is continuously striving to increase their technology expertise.
- Support backend IT infrastructure servers for a 24/7 company
- Tier 2 - IT Help Desk function which services up to 600 end users
- Lead and participate in select IT Infrastructure projects for a 24/7 company
- Ensure timely resolution of open trouble tickets and change requests as they relate to the infrastructure being supported
- Manage after-hours and emergency maintenance as needed
- Provide uninterrupted service on all corporate IT resources, servers and systems
- Ability to quickly isolate issues and drive them to resolution
- Candidates must have some experience and hands-on expertise in the following areas:
o Mac OS X, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008/2012 required, Server 2016 a plus
o Office 365, SharePoint Online, Active Directory
o Basic Administrator experience with RedHat/CentOS Linux experience required
o VMware experience required (ESXi 5.5 or later)
o iPhone/iPad, Android mobile support is preferred
o Understanding of on-site and cloud backup technology preferred
o Proficiency with networking protocols including TCP/IP, SSL VPN, DNS, DHCP
o System monitoring, maintenance and configuration best practice experience is required
o Knowledge of Ansible, SSL Certificates, Apache configuration, Cisco Expressway and/or Windows NPS Server technology a plus
- The candidate must be able to follow engineering best practices and work both independently and as a contributor to a team
- The candidate must have excellent communications skills and be presentable to executives and clients
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work experience preferred
- Minimum 5-6 years of hands-on experience in an Admin role in a 24/7 IT environment
- Industry certifications from Microsoft and/or VMware preferred
Should you join American Well and the IT team, you can expect:
American Well’s Operations group is a mission-focused technology team made up of the best and brightest technical talent. Operating out of our Boston headquarters, our engineers specialize in Information Technology, Cyber Security & Compliance, Hosting Operations, Business Intelligence, Kiosk Operations and Network Engineering. We operate a state of the art Cyber Command Center designed specifically to manage and protect our global telehealth infrastructure.
We leverage the latest technologies including an array of deployment and management tools as well as several cyber threat intelligence networks to keep our systems running smoothly around the clock.
If you enjoy working hard, challenging yourself, and staying at the cutting edge of technology, this is the team for you.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks