- 12018 Sunrise Valley Dr, Reston, VA 20191, USA
American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Staff Accountant. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Staff Accountant will play a critical role on the Finance team. Specifically, the Senior Accountant will:
· Maintain the general ledger for multiple entities including the recording of all month end journal entries including prepaid expenses, accruals, payroll, debt, and intercompany activity.
· Ability to handle large volumes of transactions and prepare AR reconciliations across multiple sources of data.
· Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations, capital schedules, and bank reconciliations.
· Coordinate with Accounts Payable Team for the coding and payment of invoices.
· Prepare monthly budget-to-actual analysis and assist with budget owner questions as needed.
· Assist with quarterly review and annual audit requests ensuring audit queries are responded to in a timely manner.
· Seek out areas for process improvement and help in the development, maintenance, and enhancement of internal controls in compliance with SOX.
· Perform other ad hoc reporting requests as needed.
· Accounting Degree
· Strong knowledge of GAAP
· 1+ years’ experience in corporate accounting, preferably a technology or health care company
· Detail oriented
· Strong Excel skills
· Strong interpersonal skills, communication and messaging skills
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
· Team player who embraces collaboration, change and process improvement
Should you join American Well and the Finance team, you can expect:
Accounting and Finance is a service-oriented organization that is responsible for supporting the company's operations in all aspects of its business. We have deployed sophisticated enterprise resource planning solutions across the company in order to support the company’s growth to deliver actionable information to all stakeholders. The Accounting and Finance team is made up of dedicated professional team members.
Our day to day work involves dealing with complex accounting and tax matters and building sophisticated financial models to support key company decisions including cost benefit and ROI models. Our organization is charged with the month-end close, financial reporting and analysis, tax compliance and planning, customer claims processing and management, customer invoicing, payroll, financial systems.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. We also have offices in Seattle, WA and Reston, VA. We look to hire top talent and use technology to enable collaboration from anywhere. This position is based out of our Seattle office and is expected to be able to work and communicate with team members coast to coast. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and great locations, we offer:
• Non-accrual, open PTO policy
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Complimentary snacks and drinks