Training Specialist, Clinical Services
- 75 State St, Boston, MA 02109, USA
American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Training Specialist, Clinical Services. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video-based telemedicine visits via mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling providers to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Training Specialist will play a critical role in the Clinical Services department. Specifically, the Training Specialist will be helping to prepare every provider to practice telemedicine on the platform.
· Train new clinicians using the American Well technology
· Troubleshooting technical issues which may arise with clinicians
· Coordinating onboarding of new clinicians
· Identifying potential defects in technology and documenting
· Acting as a product expert for clinicians and the onboarding team
· Bachelor’s degree
· Excellent interpersonal, written and communication skills
· High energy level, enthusiastic, patient and compassionate
· Good telephone and video conference manner
· Experience training a clinical audience is a plus
· Computer literacy in Microsoft Office: Windows, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, (Salesforce a plus)
· Willing to work unpredictable hours and work against deadlines
· Able to work independently
Should you join American Well and the Clinical Services team, you can expect:
The Online Care Group is a fast growing, fast paced clinical services team who works directly with onboarding clinicians to offer flexible physician jobs that connect patients through live, video visits. Care is delivered utilizing American Well’s Online Care system, AmWell, as well as 30+ client-branded systems in which you will play a key role in supporting.
The Online Care Group currently provides multiple services to the general public, as well as multiple employer groups and health plans. Ranging from Urgent Care to Psychiatry services, Online Care Group operates in 45+ states, with the expectation of expanding to all 50 states in the future.
Online Care allows patients and consumers to connect with physicians immediately, through a new and innovative technology known as Telemedicine. Whether a patient has the flu or a general health question, they can access the professional help of our Online Care Group providers from the comfort of their home or office. The innovation uses advanced Web-based technologies and telephony to remove traditional barriers to healthcare access, including insurance coverage, geography, mobility and time constraints.
The Online Care Group is comprised of 4 key areas: Network Operations, Quality Care, Credentialing and Recruitment. We all work together in efforts to help find the best doctors to work on the platform, support their needs technology wise, and build relationships to make the provider and patient experience unique and successful.
Working at American Well:
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks