Customer Support Specialist
- 75 State St, Boston, MA 02109, USA
American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Customer Support Specialist. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Support Specialist – Enterprise Clients will play a critical role in the success of our relationship with our clients and their users. The Support Specialist will troubleshoot and resolve complex issues in a timely manner via email, and collaborate with other teams at American Well to provide outstanding support to our clients. Strong written and verbal communication, creative problem solving, and a passion for helping people are all key attributes for this role. Specifically, the Support Specialist will:
- Provide technical and account support via email
- Troubleshoot, replicate, and investigate technical issues for a variety of end users
- Document and escalate more complex issues to internal technical teams
- Ensure an excellent support experience for our clients by hitting all metrics and goals
- Work collaboratively with other teams at American Well to troubleshoot and resolve technical and account issues in a timely manner
- Develop documentation and training materials for internal teams and our clients.
- Other special projects as they arise
- Bachelor's degree
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for customer support
- Comfortable understanding and explaining software products to diverse audiences
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and use critical thinking and problem solving to troubleshoot complex support issues.
- Prior web-based and mobile application software support experience strongly preferred
- Prior experience in a client-facing environment preferred
- Familiarity with a ticket or case system (Salesforce) is a bonus
Should you join American Well as a Customer Support team employee, you can expect:
The Enterprise Support Team is a growing organization within American Well. This team exuberates excellent communication skills with all levels of management, excels at multi-tasking and displays A+ problem-solving skills.
Lead by the Support Manager – Enterprise Clients, the Support Specialist tasks change daily as our product evolves. Working closely with internal teams, as well as with external clients and patients, trouble-shooting is a large part of this role. As the department expands, the opportunities for specialized roles are developed from within.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks