SDK Technical Lead
- 75 State St, Boston, MA 02109, USA
American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in Technical Services . At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The SDK Technical Lead will play a critical role in Technical Services department. Specifically, the SDK Technical Lead will be the liaison between clients and American Well for SDK development projects. Conduct discovery sessions to understand, document and convey client technical architecture, intended American Well platform use cases and the applicable design to facilitate their implementation. Become a Subject Matter Expert in the American Well “out of box” platform and utilize your expertise to recognize the need for custom development and advise clients on the best design and specifications to achieve their goals. Working hand in hand with development and Professional Services, be accountable for the delivery of a holistic, quality and timely integrated solution.
- Help American Well Customers implement Mobile Apps using the American Well SDK
- Get new SDK customers up to speed quickly on SDK capabilities via training sessions, presentations and hands-on sessions to ensure customer success.
- Mentoring on SDK app development and answering Client questions
- Document and teach SDK app development best practices
- Partner with customers to create innovative SDK Apps that meet their needs and support them throughout development efforts.
- Contribute to a better SDK offering via feature feedback and suggestions from clients.
- Experience in mobile interface design and development
- 2+ years experience building iOS mobile apps, experience with iOS SDK and XCode a plus
- 2+ years experience building Android mobile apps, experience using the Android SDK and Android Studio a plus
- Experience with Cocoa / UIKit
- Have shipped at least one iOS app and one Android app
- Solid understanding Google Play Store and the Apple App Store approval process
- Strong relationship management experience particularly influencing others in a decision process; comfortable engaging with all levels of a client organization
- Self-starter, curious, accountable, enjoys a healthy level of autonomy, strong work ethic, able to succeed in a fast-paced, high intensity start up environment
- Excellent oral and written communications skills – expert listening and documentation skills are a must.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
Should you join American Well and the Technical Services team, you can expect:
The R&D organization is a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, QA and Technical Services dedicated to creating a state of the art TeleHealth experience on every platform we can get our hands on. Our cross-functional teams follow a pragmatic Agile methodology as we balance feature requests, strategic initiatives, tech debt, and exciting partnerships on the path to delivering a market leading product to a quickly growing customer base. We work hand in hand with the whole American Well organization to ensure that our product meets the needs of all of our users.
As a team within the R&D organization, Technical Services delivers client specific platform configurations, custom reporting needs, and integration solutions enabling our platform to work hand in hand with third party systems across our customer base. We love to troubleshoot and diagnose production defects, innovate to expand our out–of-the-box platform and work directly with clients.
Whether you’re an advocate for the latest and greatest iOS and Android features, are committed to the ideal back-end architecture, or are dedicated to providing the best web usability, we have a place for you on our team.
Working at American Well:
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks