Senior Network Engineer
- 75 State St, Boston, MA 02109, USA
American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in Hosting. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The Senior Network Engineer will play a critical role in Hosting department. Specifically, the Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for ongoing engineering and operations work in support of our corporate and production networks, spanning multiple physical locations.
· Work both independently and as part of a team (with immediate team, the department, and other departments)
· Solution and plan implementations
· Lead critical projects and deliver reliably and on time
· Create and update documentation and architectural diagrams
· Follow change control processes and make production changes in a safe and controlled manner
· Perform off hours work as needed
· Participate in a 24/7 on call rotation
· Effectively interface and work with third party vendors and customers as needed
· Effectively and efficiently multi-task in a dynamic environment
· BSEE/BSCS or equivalent degree
· 10+ years of in depth hands-on network engineering experience
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in a production network environment
· CCIE, CCNP, CCNA certification preferred.
· Extensive hands-on experience with Cisco switching, routing and security components.
· Experience with Cisco ASA configuration
· Experience with Cisco Firepower © (FTD, FMC), AMPS and Talos is a plus
· Experience with F5 LTM, APM, ASM and other components.
· Experience with Solarwinds NPM, Netflow, and various network monitoring tools
· Excellent written and oral communications are a must
Should you join American Well and the Hosting team, you can expect:
American Well’s Operations group is a mission-focused technology team made up the best and brightest technical talent. Operating out of our Boston headquarters, our engineers specialize in Information Technology, Cyber Security & Compliance, Hosting Operations, Business Intelligence, Kiosk Operations and Network Engineering. We operate a state of the art Cyber Command Center designed specifically to manage and protect our global telehealth infrastructure.
We leverage the latest technologies including an array of deployment and management tools as well as several cyber threat intelligence networks to keep our systems running smoothly around the clock.
If you enjoy working hard, challenging yourself, and staying at the cutting edge of technology, this is the team for you.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks