User Experience UX / Interaction Designer
- 75 State St, Boston, MA 02109, USA
American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional User Experience UX / Interaction Designer. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The User Experience UX / Interaction Designer will play a critical role in the Visual Design department. Specifically, the User Experience UX / Interaction Designer will craft intuitive, seamless workflows for every user of our technology – consumers, healthcare providers, staff, and administrators. You will represent the end user in a cross-functional team of Engineers, QA, UI Designers, and Product Managers, and be a constant advocate for their perspectives. You will tackle complex tasks and translate them into easy-to-use screens and features, in relentless pursuit of an excellent user experience. You will produce wireframes, prototypes, and other design assets to facilitate the continuous development process, while adhering to UX best practices and approaches.
If you have a passion for solving complex problems and driving healthcare innovation, we’d love to hear from you
- Develop user stories, personas, and workflows to drive feature design process
- Produce detailed wireframes that meet strategic/business objectives
- Build and refine prototypes of proposed solutions, as needed
- Manage business requirements for interface and API development
- Oversee user-facing text to synthesize tone, language, and messaging
- Facilitate internal and external usability testing initiatives, pre- and post-launch
- Lead cross-functional design sessions among Product, R&D, QA, and UI Design teams
- 5+ years of experience in UX / Interaction Design, Product Management, or a related field
- Advanced knowledge of wireframing and prototyping tools and methodologies
- Demonstrated experience in designing usable web and mobile interfaces
- Experience in a fast-paced software environment; ability to execute against aggressive timelines
- Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills
- Highly creative and inquisitive; able to multitask effectively
- Health care industry experience a big plus
- A strong portfolio of UX work is required
Should you join American Well and the UI/UX Design team, you can expect:
The UI/UX Design team is a talented mix of designers, creative thinkers, and user interface experts. We support the full range of American Well’s product design needs and are constantly developing delightful web and mobile interfaces, beautiful layouts and compelling user experiences. A veritable user-experience powerhouse, we are committed to changing the face of healthcare.
Leveraging the latest design tools and best practices of the industry, UI/UX Design makes it a point to always be learning and creating the best possible products.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks