Full Stack Web Developer
- 75 State St, Boston, MA 02109, USA
American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Full Stack Software Developer. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Full Stack Web Developer will play a critical role in developing websites that introduce customers to the benefits of telehealth and help recruit health-care providers to join our world-class provider network. Specifically, the Full Stack Web Developer will:
- Work with a team of top-notch full-stack web engineers, who can move fast and learn quickly
- Architect our consumer web sites, driving toward continuous deployment, working with our hosting team to ensure site performance and uptime
- Launch content-rich web pages for consumers seeking health care, optimizing them for consumers and search engines
- Ensure that pages work well on mobile, tablet and desktop devices
- Devise and run experiments to improve search traffic and conversion, generating web traffic, app downloads, visits and revenue
- Master technologies and techniques for search engine optimization, including on-page and off-page factors
- Work closely with search marketers, SEO analysts and product managers
- Develop APIs that verify provider credentials and create profiles on our system.
- Experience with Python, Django, Linux, and related open-source technology such as Nginx and PostgreSQL.
- Comfort in integrating with third-party APIs using both REST and SOAP.
- Experience in agile development, continuous delivery preferred
- Experience with landing page optimization and A/B testing preferred
- Strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
Should you join American Well and the Marketing team, you can expect:
The marketing team is a collaborative, data-driven and creative team comprised of; corporate communications, corporate marketing, client marketing, and consumer marketing. Because American Well is the leader in a fast-growing industry, we have the dual opportunity and challenge of building our brand while we simultaneously educate and excite people about telemedicine. We are the company’s – and our clients – go-to marketing agency. We’re responsible for company branding and promotion, customer utilization and success, prospect and product marketing, as well as supporting client retention and business development through outreach, strategy, content, and events.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks