- 75 State St, Boston, MA 02109, USA
American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in Finance . At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
· Maintain the general ledger for multiple entities including the recording of all month end journal entries, including visit revenue, prepaid expenses, accruals, payroll, debt, and intercompany activity
· Ability to handle large volumes of transactions and prepare AR reconciliations across multiple sources of data.
· Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations, capital schedules, and bank reconciliations.
· Coordinate with Accounts Payable Team for the coding and payment of invoices
· Prepare monthly variance report, highlight and provide explanations for significant variances in operating report.
· Provide a weekly cash flow of receipts and disbursements outlook for upper management
· Prepare and present budget-to-actual analysis
· Assist with quarterly review and annual audit requests
· Seek out areas for process improvement and help in the development, maintenance and enhancement of internal controls
· Accounting Degree
· Strong knowledge of GAAP
· 3+ years’ experience in a health care company
· Experience with Oracle, a plus
· Detail oriented
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
· Team player who embraces collaboration, change and process improvement
Should you join American Well and the Finance team, you can expect:
Accounting and Finance is a service oriented organization that is responsible for supporting the company's operations in all aspects of its business. We have deployed sophisticated enterprise resource planning solutions across the company in order to support the company’s growth to deliver actionable information to all stakeholders. The Accounting and Finance team is made up of dedicated professional team members.
Our day to day work involves dealing with complex accounting and tax matters and building sophisticated financial models to support key company decisions including cost-benefit and ROI models. Our organization is charged with the month-end close, financial reporting and analysis, tax compliance and planning, customer claims processing and management, customer invoicing, payroll, financial systems.
If you wish to join a collaborative organization that works hard but has fun this is the place for you!
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks