Network Management System (NMS) Engineer
- 75 State St, Boston, MA 02109, USA
American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Network Management System Engineer. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Network Management System Engineer will play a critical role in Hosting Department. Specifically, the Network Management System Engineer will be responsible for implementing the network monitoring solutions for American Well’s critical infrastructure within the Cyber Command Center (C3) and to respond to requests and escalations from our support staff. Our Cyber Command Center is a state of the art command center from which we monitor and maintain multiple web farms and cloud-based information systems. The NMS Engineer will be exposed to the latest Information Technologies and will collaborate with managers and other engineers within our Hosting Operations Teams. The NMS Engineer will be an integral member of Hosting supporting the C3 and will be responsible for the implementation, maintenance and operations of all network monitoring solutions. This position requires supporting the C3 which may include after-hours support that can include nights, weekends, and holidays.
· Perform network device discoveries, monitoring, performance analysis, and create intelligent notifications
· Create and maintain NMS documentation for all testing, reporting, and processes
· Implement and test integrations with other NMS and ticketing systems
· Develop quality test scenarios for newly created thresholds
· Improve upon C3 alert work flows and processes
· Build scripts to identify rules and correlation opportunities
· Follow change management processes, create MOP’s, and end user documentation for the C3
· Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Information Technology, or related disciplines
· Solid knowledge with configuring and troubleshooting Unix/Linux Syslog
· Understanding of SNMP and log based monitoring
· Experience with trouble ticketing systems and their integration
· Experience in a Network or Security Operations Center
· Independent and able to perform tasks with minimum supervision
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Self-motivated, positive attitude and a team player
· Ability to perform multiple tasks in a priority manner
· Ability to learn quickly, follow procedures, and triage technical issues
o 2-3 years of hands-on experience with technologies including but not limited to; Solarwinds, App-dynamics, OSSIM, OSSEC HIDS, Spiceworks, Salesforce, HP BTO, Netcool, ManageEngine, VMWare, F5, Linux administration, SMTP, OSI, Netflow, Nagios
Should you join American Well and the Hosting team, you can expect:
American Well’s Operations group is a mission-focused technology team made up the best and brightest technical talent. Operating out of our Boston headquarters, our engineers specialize in Information Technology, Cyber Security & Compliance, Hosting Operations, Business Intelligence, Kiosk Operations and Network Engineering. We operate a state of the art Cyber Command Center designed specifically to manage and protect our global telehealth infrastructure.
We leverage the latest technologies including an array of deployment and management tools as well as several cyber threat intelligence networks to keep our systems running smoothly around the clock.
If you enjoy working hard, challenging yourself, and staying at the cutting edge of technology, this is the team for you.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks