Senior Visual UI Designer
- 75 State St, Boston, MA 02109, USA
American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Senior Visual / UI Designer. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Senior Visual / UI Designer will play a critical role in the Visual Design department. Specifically, the Senior Visual / UI Designer will:
- Create beautiful, intuitive and friendly user interfaces for our Web, iOS and Android Apps
- Refine application visual styles and layouts. Prepare the necessary graphic specifications for prototyping and production
- Collaborate with product managers and developers to develop and refine application screen layouts while optimizing usability
- Tailor UI strategies to address different audiences including consumers, doctors, health plan executives and hospital administrators
- Stay abreast of the latest web technologies and industry standards, paying close attention to the latest thinking in interaction, usability and layout
- Prior experience designing robust enterprise-level software
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (especially Photoshop & Illustrator)
- Strong knowledge of Sketch, Zeplin and other design tools
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, collaborative environment and handle multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Familiarity with Web technologies (HTML5, CSS3, etc.) and usability best practices
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products, specifically Word and PowerPoint
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in UI/UX design
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or related field (Master’s preferred)
- A strong portfolio of UI work is required
Should you join American Well and the UI/UX Design team, you can expect:
The UI/UX Design team is a talented mix of designers, creative thinkers, and user interface experts. We support the full range of American Well’s product design needs and are constantly developing delightful web and mobile interfaces, beautiful layouts and compelling user experiences. A veritable user-experience powerhouse, we are committed to changing the face of healthcare.
Leveraging the latest design tools and best practices of the industry, UI/UX Design makes it a point to always be learning and creating the best possible products.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks