Database Administration Manager
- 75 State St, Boston, MA 02109, USA
American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Database Administration Manager. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Manager of the Database Administration team will play a critical role in the deployment and management of Enterprise Production and Pre-Production Databases supporting American Well telehealth installations in a fully hosted SaaS environment. Specifically, the Manager will:
· Be responsible for managing a team of database administrators and owning administration of production and pre-production databases.
· Manage Oracle and other databases supporting a 24/7 SaaS business critical environment
· Assume ownership of database related issues; pursues problem resolution and root cause analysis with both internal departments and vendors
· Work with other departments on new database related architecture and/or updates to existing database related architecture
· Support replication solutions such as Data Guard and Golden Gate
· Plan and install upgrades and patches
· Lead the team in solutioning, planning, documenting and executing Disaster Recovery solutions and scheduled testing
· Creating and maintaining documentation of new systems and processes/procedures
· Identify and address increases in system resource requirements
· Ensure strict compliance with regulations such as HIPAA and PCI
· Participate in 24/7 call rotation
· Minimum 2 years’ experience managing a DBA team - this includes DBA task and time management, project planning, understanding application lifecycles, production support requirements, and data security policies
· Experience in managing Oracle RAC Database clusters, single stacks and other database technologies
· Comfortable working with Red Hat Linux
· Familiar with writing and debugging SQL queries and PL/SQL packages
· Competent in a scripting language such as Bash, Perl, or Python
· Candidate needs to be able to interact with and help users with varying degrees of technical aptitude. Effective communication skills are required
· Ability to work on several projects and tasks concurrently - time slicing and prioritizing as required
· Ability to work in a secure environment and to treat data security as a high priority.
· Experience with database security settings to maintain a highly secure database environment is required
Should you join American Well and the Hosting team, you can expect:
American Well’s Operations group is a mission-focused technology team made up the best and brightest technical talent. Operating out of our Boston headquarters, our engineers specialize in Information Technology, Cyber Security & Compliance, Hosting Operations, Business Intelligence, Kiosk Operations and Network Engineering. We operate a state of the art Cyber Command Center designed specifically to manage and protect our global telehealth infrastructure.
We leverage the latest technologies including an array of deployment and management tools as well as several cyber threat intelligence networks to keep our systems running smoothly around the clock. If you enjoy working hard, challenging yourself, and staying at the cutting edge of technology, this is the team for you.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Three weeks of vacation time
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Drop-off/pick up dry cleaning service
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks