Junior IT Engineer
- 75 State St, Boston, MA 02109, USA
American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Junior IT Engineer. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Junior IT Engineer will play a critical role in the Hosting department. Specifically, the Junior IT Engineer will play a critical role in supporting the company’s corporate IT infrastructure including all workstations, laptops (Mac and PC), mobile devices, telephony, servers, storage, network and other systems. This role requires a hands-on engineer who is up to date with current technologies and is continuously striving to increase their technology expertise.
- Support IT Help Desk function which services more than 400 end users
- Lead Help Desk and select IT Infrastructure projects for a 24/7 company
- Ensure timely resolution of open trouble tickets and change requests
- Manage after-hours and emergency maintenance as needed
- Provide uninterrupted service on all corporate IT resources, servers and systems
- Ability to quickly isolate issues and drive them to resolution.
- Candidates must have some experience and hands-on expertise in the following areas
- o MacOS, Windows 7,8 and 10 experiences required
- Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 experience is strongly preferred
- Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, SharePoint, Active Directory, SQL Server strongly preferred
- Experience with Linux OS is strongly preferred
- iPhone/iPad, Android mobile support is required
- Symantec Backup Exec, PGP encryption, Endpoint Protection preferred
- Basic proficiency with networking protocols including TCP/IP, SSL VPN, DNS, etc.
- The candidate must be able to follow engineering best practices and work both independently and as a contributor to a team.
- The candidate must have excellent communications skills and be presentable to executives and clients.
· Minimum 1-2 years of hands-on experience in a Help Desk environment.
· Experience troubleshooting Windows and Mac end-user issues.
· Industry certifications from Microsoft (MCSE, MCSM, MCITP) are preferred.
· In compliance or able to work without requiring sponsorship
Should you join American Well and the Hosting team, you can expect:
American Well’s Operations group is a mission-focused technology team made up the best and brightest technical talent. Operating out of our Boston headquarters, our engineers specialize in Information Technology, Cyber Security & Compliance, Hosting Operations, Business Intelligence, Kiosk Operations and Network Engineering. We operate a state of the art Cyber Command Center designed specifically to manage and protect our global telehealth infrastructure.
We leverage the latest technologies including an array of deployment and management tools as well as several cyber threat intelligence networks to keep our systems running smoothly around the clock.
If you enjoy working hard, challenging yourself, and staying at the cutting edge of technology, this is the team for you.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Three weeks of vacation time
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks