Patient Biller (Supports Claim Specialist Role)
- 75 State St, Boston, MA 02109, USA
American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Patient Biller. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Patient Biller will play a critical role in Finance team. This position is contract to perm. Specifically, the Patient Biller will:
· Collect and review combined reporting sourced from Online Care Group Claim Specialist
· Ensure proper transactions occur within Online Care Group service platform.
· Troubleshoot outlying balances or refunds based on Health Plan remittance advice.
· Manage high volumes of work daily, while paying scrupulous attention to detail.
· Represent the Online Care Group Medical Billing Team interdepartmentally.
· Medical data entry experience and/or health plan experience preferred
· Familiarity with Microsoft Excel
· Familiarity with CMS billing guidelines
· Excellent verbal and written skills
· Adherence to laws and best practices including HIPPA High degree of attention to detail and trustworthiness
Should you join American Well and the Finance team, you can expect:
Accounting and Finance is a service oriented organization that is responsible for supporting the company's operations in all aspects of its business. We have deployed sophisticated enterprise resource planning solutions across the company in order to support the company’s growth to deliver actionable information to all stakeholders. The Accounting and Finance team is made up of dedicated professional team members.
Our day to day work involves dealing with complex accounting and tax matters and building sophisticated financial models to support key company decisions including cost benefit and ROI models. Our organization is charged with the month-end close, financial reporting and analysis, tax compliance and planning, customer claims processing and management, customer invoicing, payroll, financial systems.
If you wish to join a collaborative organization that works hard but has fun this is the place for you!
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Free gym access – on-site
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks