Associate, Health Systems Business Development
- 75 State St, Boston, MA 02109, USA
American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Associate, Health Systems Business Development. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Associate, Health Systems Business Development will play a critical role in the Sales department. Specifically, the Associate, Health Systems Business Development will work within our marketing and sales organization to develop new business leads and qualify opportunities. He or she will help to devise inbound and outbound marketing strategies, contact prospective buyers via email and phone, demonstrate our product, provide information to prospects and consultants about our value proposition, and work with senior sales executives to close business. This is a terrific opportunity for an individual with 2-5 years’ experience who is looking to develop their career in sales and marketing within the healthcare IT industry.
· Identify, develop, and contact appropriate individuals at target organizations
· Execute email and phone outreach/follow up to leads generated through marketing channels, including webinars, conferences, email campaigns, and inbound web visitors
· Respond to prospect inquiries, share our value proposition, and qualify leads in health systems market
· Demonstrate our telehealth product to prospective buyers one on one and at events
· Nurture existing leads to drive progression to the sales funnel
· Represent the company at industry events, setting up and holding meetings with prospective customers
· Achieve daily targets for lead generation activity
· Achieve quarterly targets for converting qualified opportunities
· Understand prospects’ business and their buying objectives
· Ensure smooth & informed transition of qualified opportunities to Sales Directors
· Collaborate with Marketing and Sales colleagues to identify new lead generation channels and support execution as needed
· Get involved in other marketing projects, such as market analyses, marketing material creation, etc.
• 2-5 years’ experience, preferably in healthcare IT sales or marketing roles
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ambitious, detail-oriented, self-starter, goal-oriented
• Desire to quickly learn through on-the-job experience
• Thrives in goal-driven, fast-paced environment
• Preferred skills:
o Salesforce CRM
o Sales tools like Marketo, HubSpot, Yesware
o Contact databases such as Definitive, OneSource, Hoovers
o Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Healthcare industry background
• Comfortable with technology – comfortable doing a live demo once trained
• Team player, able to work across the organization
Should you join American Well and the Sales team, you can expect:
The Customer Solutions Sales organization is a highly motivated team on the front lines of an emerging and dynamic industry. This group of individuals are responsible for inspiring new clients – sharing the value and impact of telehealth. They bring a solutions approach to each new client including understanding vision and corporate objectives and helping shape go-to-market use cases.
The Sales team is constantly acquiring new knowledge to share with clients on best practices, value drivers, and trends affecting the healthcare industry. The teams main goal is to develop relationships and ultimately, drive revenue that fuels American Well’s growth and continued innovation.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks