Senior Financial Systems Analyst
- 75 State St, Boston, MA 02109, USA
American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Senior Financial Systems Analyst. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Senior Financial Systems Analyst will play a critical role in the Finance department. Specifically, the Senior Financial Systems Analyst will be responsible for the design and implementation of the optimal architecture for the Company’s Financial Systems.
Including management reporting, transactions, and general ledger accounting which provide for the best flow of data from operating systems into the financial environments (ERP, Oracle, BI).
This position will report to the SVP Finance and have ties to the Controller and FP&A Director
- Expert for the Company’s key financial applications, including: Oracle Fusion, Hyperion, Domo, Looker. Configures site specific and global application parameters in support of usage decisions
- Optimizing architecture and integration (master data convention, roll up/hierarchy, cost/revenue centers/ attributes) across systems
- Oversees the service delivery and support provided by financial application vendors and partners. Evaluates new releases/patches, tests and approve changes for implementation. Work closely with the application vendor in the resolution of any software bugs or support requests
- Defining/maintaining Finance Systems User Guides
- System Admin duties / Helpdesk to the Finance Team (training, problem solving, etc.)
- Troubleshoots and resolves user production issues for financial applications, problem analysis, identifying if issues are related to data, application configuration or bugs (including off hours as required).
- Updates to system (testing, etc.)
- Communication with Oracle and implementation consultants as needed
- Maintenance of system design documents
- Maintaining/monitoring security and user authorizations
- Metadata load and validation
- Mapping of GL accounts as they modify the GL structure within Oracle and Hyperion
- Update internal policies and documentation, Identifying and evaluating optimization and automation opportunities and executing the desired transformation
- Maintain and further develop the data extracts, mapping rules and formulas required to migrate data from the financial source systems to the financial consolidation systems
- Document procedures and create user manual and truly support users in terms of navigating the system and answer questions
- Review financial system change requests of the finance team, gather requirements and analyze existing software capabilities to meet the business requirements. Lead the functional analysis, design and implementation of financial system changes in accordance with company’s requirements.
- 4+ years of experience working as a financial systems analyst or financial systems admin. Hyperion, Oracle, Domo, Hyperion, Looker systems experience preferred. Experience with SQL and ETL tools desired
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, MIS or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Broad/conceptual knowledge of various application and infrastructure technologies and hardware platforms
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously and demonstrated strong finance/accounting business background
- Strong emphasis on understanding financial processes including consolidation logic and business rules, understand the logic is a must.
- Fast learner – able to digest our entity structure and account mapping in short period of time and know how data management works. Financial close and consolidation experience
- Financial reporting understanding
- Intermediate MS Office Suite skills: Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups), PPT and Word
Should you join American Well and the Finance team, you can expect:
Accounting and Finance is a service-oriented organization that is responsible for supporting the company's operations in all aspects of its business. We have deployed sophisticated enterprise resource planning solutions across the company in order to support the company’s growth to deliver actionable information to all stakeholders. The Accounting and Finance team is made up of dedicated professional team members.
Our day to day work involves dealing with complex accounting and tax matters and building sophisticated financial models to support key company decisions including cost benefit and ROI models. Our organization is charged with the month-end close, financial reporting and analysis, tax compliance and planning, customer claims processing and management, customer invoicing, payroll, financial systems.
If you wish to join a collaborative organization that works hard but has fun this is the place for you!
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Three weeks of vacation time
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks