- 75 State St, Boston, MA 02109, USA
American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in Accounting and Finance. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The Financial Analyst will play a critical role in the Finance department. Specifically, the Financial Analyst will determine progress against strategic plan, budget, forecast, and to support external financial decisions. Actively interpret and review financial results with project finance leads and/or business managers, including trends/issues and opportunities, to drive actionable responses.
• Assist in the development of annual budgets and financial forecasts
• Preparation of GAAP monthly budget to actual reporting and variance analyses
• Analyze cash flows and expenditures
• Understand, develop and help monitor company KPIs
• Aid in collecting and analyzing relevant financial data for investor requests
• Help with creation of Board of Director presentations
• Build and manage financial/analytical reporting models
• Create financial and operational dashboards
• Ad hoc financial analysis as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 3+ years pf experience in FP&A required. Experience in Software/Tech preferred
- Desire to drive efficiency, process improvement, and to enhance understanding of business drivers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly analytical
- Great attention to detail
- Extremely organized
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
- Very strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to hit the ground running
- Public Company experience is a bonus
Should you join American Well and the Accounting and Finance team, you can expect:
Accounting and Finance is a service-oriented organization that is responsible for supporting the company's operations in all aspects of its business. We have deployed sophisticated enterprise resource planning solutions across the company in order to support the company’s growth to deliver actionable information to all stakeholders. The Accounting and Finance team is made up of dedicated professional team members.
Our day to day work involves dealing with complex accounting and tax matters and building sophisticated financial models to support key company decisions including cost-benefit and ROI models. Our organization is charged with the month-end close, financial reporting and analysis, tax compliance and planning, customer claims processing and management, customer invoicing, payroll, financial systems.
If you wish to join a collaborative organization that works hard but has fun this is the place for you!
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks