- 75 State St, Boston, MA 02109, USA
American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Revenue Manager. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Revenue Manager will play a critical role in the Finance department. Specifically, the Revenue Manager will be responsible for providing technical accounting analysis in accordance with U.S. GAAP and Company policies. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, a great communicator who thrives in a dynamic fast-paced environment. The candidate will work with various cross functional teams and report to the Controller.
- Manage deal review communications between the Finance team and Sales, Sales Operations and Legal during contract negotiations and provide guidance and assistance to ensure proper revenue recognition.
- Complete month-end close activities and accurate reporting of key revenue data.
- Review reconciliations and other key processes within the revenue close process.
- Work closely with business partners to streamline processes and improve efficiency utilizing Oracle and Salesforce.com.
- Provide technical accounting guidance in accordance with ASC Topic 605 and 606.
- Partner with Order-to-Cash cross-functional teams (Sales, Legal, Sales Ops, Finance, and/or AR) to ensure all fully executed agreements are properly booked and recognized accurately in our monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
- Review revenue related agreements in Salesforce.com and revenue recognition in Oracle Financials.
- Coordinate and respond to external audit queries for the corporate quarterly and annual audits to ensure auditors receive required information in an accurate and timely manner
- Manage the standalone selling price analysis.
- Maintain the accurate performance of key SOX controls and business processes.
- Drafting revenue recognition policies and specific revenue recognition narratives to the auditors.
- Lead other special projects and ad hoc reporting requests as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- CPA with Big 4 experience preferred.
- 3+ years related experience in Revenue.
Experience with SaaS/Technology industry
- Understand ASC 605 and 605-985 in depth. Understanding of ASC 606 a plus.
- A highly productive self-starter with very strong work ethic and commitment to excellence.
- Strong accountability and detail oriented; prepares accurate and timely work product.
- Ability to work independently and thrive and be a team player.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and messaging skills.
- Ability to adapt to the rapid business and organizational changes that accompany a high-growth environment.
- Understanding of global quote-to-cash business processes and best practices.
- Advanced Excel skills, Salesforce.com
· ERP system (Oracle) and experience with report building tools (i.e. Oracle BI, Hyperion, SFDC) a plus
Should you join American Well and the Hosting team, you can expect:
American Well’s Operations group is a mission-focused technology team made up the best and brightest technical talent. Operating out of our Boston headquarters, our engineers specialize in Information Technology, Cyber Security & Compliance, Hosting Operations, Business Intelligence, Kiosk Operations and Network Engineering. We operate a state of the art Cyber Command Center designed specifically to manage and protect our global telehealth infrastructure.
We leverage the latest technologies including an array of deployment and management tools as well as several cyber threat intelligence networks to keep our systems running smoothly around the clock.
If you enjoy working hard, challenging yourself, and staying at the cutting edge of technology, this is the team for you.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Three weeks of vacation time
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks