- 75 State St, Boston, MA 02109, USA
American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Accounting Manager. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Accounting Manager will play a critical role in Finance department. Specifically, the Accounting Manager will be responsible for managing the global close, day to day operations, deadlines, and a multitude of accounting activities, including general ledger preparation. The ideal candidate would ideally hold a CPA certification and experience working in a public company. The candidate will work with various cross functional teams and report to the Assistant Controller.
• Participate in worldwide financial close, including journal entries, reconciliations, global consolidation, and financial statement analytics.
• Manage close process, including close calendar and checklist, while working with the business stakeholders, and the accounting team to ensure a timely close.
• Manage monthly consolidation of worldwide entities, including preparation of intercompany reconciliations.
• Assist in development and implementation of internal controls, including defining SOX requirements, and continued monitoring of effectiveness of controls and recommended changes.
• Interface with external auditors and respond to PBC requests.
• Assume other special activities and responsibilities as required.
• Prepare periodic and ad hoc financial reporting and analysis.
• BA/BS - Bachelor’s Degree, required
• Big 4 accounting firm experience and CPA – preferred.
• Public company experience – preferred.
• Software or SaaS experience preferred.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (v-lookup, pivot tables, etc.).
• Experience with consolidation and international accounting.
• Proven experience working with Oracle ERP software.
• Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities effectively and meet deadlines.
• Positive, energetic, optimistic attitude, willing to proactively roll up your sleeves.
Should you join American Well and the Accounting and Finance team, you can expect:
Accounting and Finance is a service-oriented organization that is responsible for supporting the company's operations in all aspects of its business. We have deployed sophisticated enterprise resource planning solutions across the company in order to support the company’s growth to deliver actionable information to all stakeholders. The Accounting and Finance team is made up of dedicated professional team members.
Our day to day work involves dealing with complex accounting and tax matters and building sophisticated financial models to support key company decisions including cost-benefit and ROI models. Our organization is charged with the month-end close, financial reporting and analysis, tax compliance and planning, customer claims processing and management, customer invoicing, payroll, financial systems.
If you wish to join a collaborative organization that works hard but has fun this is the place for you!
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Three weeks of vacation time
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks