- 75 State St, Boston, MA 02109, USA
American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Release Engineer. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Release Engineer we are seeking will play a critical role in Engineering department. Specifically, the Release Engineer will support our development and release process. In this role, you will provide support for our delivery and testing efforts and collaborate with developers other engineering team members to identify and resolve integration issues. The ideal candidate will be highly-proficient in managing Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu) systems and have the ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies.
- Administration and support of CentOS servers
- Support for Continuous Integration Systems
- Support for all Release and Deployment Processes
- Developing new support systems for multiple teams
- Scripting: Bash, Python, ANT
- General Java Development skills
- Highly motivated and ability to multi-task
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment is essential
- SSH/Networking Certificates
- Docker (image creation, deployment, using compose)
- VMware vSphere
- AWS Experience (EC2, Cloudfront)
- JFrog Artifactory
- Chef/Puppet/Ansible/Terraform (VM orchestration software)
Should you join American Well and the Engineering team, you can expect:
The development organization is a multi-disciplinary team of engineers dedicated to creating a state of the art TeleHealth experience on every platform we can get our hands on. Our cross-functional teams follow a pragmatic Agile methodology as we balance feature requests, strategic initiatives, tech debt, and exciting partnerships on the path to delivering a market leading product to a quickly growing customer base. We work hand in hand with the whole American Well organization to ensure that our product meets the needs of all of our users.
Whether you're an advocate for the latest and greatest iOS and Android features, are committed to the ideal back-end architecture, or are dedicated to providing the best web usability, we have a place for you on our team.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks