- 75 State St, Boston, MA 02109, USA
American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional SIP Engineer. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The SIP Engineer will play a critical role in Engineering. Specifically, the SIP Engineer will:
- Design, implement and maintain SIP applications that support video calls
- Collaborate with core development to integrate SIP functionality
- Work in a collaborative agile environment
- Experience implementing SIP video calls
- Strong knowledge of the VoIP network and debugging within it: SIP Stack, PBX, Media Gateways
- Writing VoIP call flows using VXML, CCXML, Java
- Writing Web Service calls using JibX Marshaller
- Sending/receiving events on a JMS Queue
- Proven ability to diagnose and resolve network issues related to VOIP telephony applications
- Strong knowledge of SIP voice and video protocols and codecs including SIP, RTP, G.711, H.263, H.264
- Experience designing, supporting and configuring Asterisk PBX, Aspect/Voxeo Prophecy IVR or similar
- Experience designing, supporting and configuring Cisco CUCM/Jabber/Spark or similar is a plus
- Wireshark knowledge a plus
Should you join American Well and the Hosting team, you can expect:
American Well’s Operations group is a mission-focused technology team made up the best and brightest technical talent. Operating out of our Boston headquarters, our engineers specialize in Information Technology, Cyber Security & Compliance, Hosting Operations, Business Intelligence, Kiosk Operations and Network Engineering. We operate a state of the art Cyber Command Center designed specifically to manage and protect our global telehealth infrastructure.
We leverage the latest technologies including an array of deployment and management tools as well as several cyber threat intelligence networks to keep our systems running smoothly around the clock.
If you enjoy working hard, challenging yourself, and staying at the cutting edge of technology, this is the team for you.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Three weeks of vacation time
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks