- 75 State St, Boston, MA 02109, USA
American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Senior SDK Web Developer. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Senior SDK Web Developer will play a critical role in the Engineering Department. Specifically, the Senior SDK Web Developer will be a key contributor for our next generation HealthCare Platform Working hand in hand with development and Professional Services, be accountable for the delivery of a holistic, quality and timely integrated solution. Experience in an i18n environment appreciated.
• Enhance and extend the sample application for the American Well SDK.
• Webpack/babel/jest/mocha/chai experience a big plus.
- Experience in Web interface design and development
- Conducts analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of the product
- Recognize process or programming inefficiencies, and recommend improvements
- May participate as a technical lead for small to moderately sized projects (2~ people)
- Leads design reviews with cross-functional team
- Providing technical guidance to more junior level engineers
- Experience completing web applications and seeing them through full life cycle of development
- Solid understanding of IDE’s, GIT, Code Coverage and Complexity metrics
- Self-starter, curious, accountable, enjoys a healthy level of autonomy, strong work ethic, able to succeed in a fast-paced, high-intensity start-up environment
- Excellent oral and written communications skills – expert listening, and documentation skills are a must.
- Demonstrates agility and welcomes the change.
- Provide technical support to client developers using the SDK product
- Responsible for designing, implementing and supporting American Well’s Rest APIs used by the SDK products
- Tracking technology and proposing ways for the company to leverage emerging trends
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
Should you join American Well and the Engineering team, you can expect:
The development organization is a multi-disciplinary team of engineers dedicated to creating a state of the art TeleHealth experience on every platform we can get our hands on. Our cross-functional teams follow a pragmatic Agile methodology as we balance feature requests, strategic initiatives, tech debt, and exciting partnerships on the path to delivering a market leading product to a quickly growing customer base. We work hand in hand with the whole American Well organization to ensure that our product meets the needs of all of our users.
Whether you’re an advocate for the latest and greatest iOS and Android features, are committed to the ideal back-end architecture, or are dedicated to providing the best web usability, we have a place for you on our team.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks