Principal Software Engineer
- 75 State St, Boston, MA 02109, USA
American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in Engineering. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The Principal Software Engineer will play a critical role in Engineering department. Specifically, we're looking for a full-time, senior-level Java EE developer to work on our telehealth platform with a primary focus on authentication and SSO. This includes implementing and maintaining multiple SSO protocols as well as reviewing existing authentication strategies. Our software combines the best elements of the web, mobile, video, and telephony to bring patients and health care providers together in innovative new ways.
- Work closely with the broader development team in implementing multiple SSO protocols for web, mobile, and SDK clients.
- Work with customers to understand detailed requirements for each integration.
- Engage in all aspects of release cycles including requirements review, work estimation, design, implementation, testing, and review.
- Work with QA to understand and resolve defects.
- Identify gaps in requirements or design and present options to address them.
- Provide last-line support to the Hosting and Professional Services teams responsible for helping our customers reach their goals.
- Deep technical experience implementing SAML, OATH, Active Directory and other SSO protocols.
- 8+ years of server-side Java development experience.
- Thorough knowledge of SQL and relational database concepts. Oracle preferred.
- Effective time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks and shifting requirements.
- Spring and Hibernate experience a plus.
- BS or equivalent degree in Computer Science or related field.
Should you join American Well and the Engineering team, you can expect:
The development organization is a multi-disciplinary team of engineers dedicated to creating a state of the art TeleHealth experience on every platform we can get our hands on. Our cross-functional teams follow a pragmatic Agile methodology as we balance feature requests, strategic initiatives, tech debt, and exciting partnerships on the path to delivering a market leading product to a quickly growing customer base. We work hand in hand with the whole American Well organization to ensure that our product meets the needs of all of our users.
Whether you’re an advocate for the latest and greatest iOS and Android features, are committed to the ideal back-end architecture, or are dedicated to providing the best web usability, we have a place for you on our team.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks