Program Manager, International Business
- 75 State St, Boston, MA 02109, USA
American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Program Manager, International Business. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Program Manager, International Business will play a critical role in Professional Services Department. Specifically, the Program Manager, International Business will serve as a subject matter expert in all aspects of the American Well platform, including product features and configurability options.
- During the sales process, facilitates live product demonstrations, workflow/design sessions, estimation and planning activities, and the creation of statements of work
- Partners closely with the Corporate Development team to understand the client’s telehealth objectives, and contribute to high-level feasibility analysis and solution design
- During the initial implementation, serves as the primary point person for the client’s project team, managing all aspects of the implementation project.
- Coordinates with internal services, technical, QA, marketing, and visual design teams to ensure delivery according to the defined scope and schedule
- Manages client expectations by building relationships, communicating project status and open issues, preparing reports, managing change, and facilitating weekly meetings
- Provides functional and technical guidance to the client’s project team relative to requirements gathering, workflow and solutions design
- Translates business, functional, and workflow requirements into technical configuration specifications; applies configurations to the client’s platform
- Facilitates training sessions for the client’s project and operational teams, and end users of the platform, specific to each client’s business model and workflows
- Communicates project status with team members and senior business stakeholders
- Utilizes sound judgment in assessing projects’ health; identifying, mitigating and resolving project issues and risks to on-time project delivery
- Provides ongoing support and management of new business initiatives, software updates, and enhancements
- Supports client account growth and drives ongoing project activities in support of the client’s strategic objectives
- Contributes to continuous process improvements within the Professional Services organization
- Minimum 6 years of project management, program management, and/or consulting experience concurrently managing multiple large projects in a technical and cross-functional environment, leading clients and team members through large complex system implementations and integrations with aggressive delivery deadlines
- Exceptional communication, leadership, team building, and people management skills. Experience and comfort interfacing with senior executives, both internally and externally, is a must.
- Outstanding time management and organization skills
- Ability to ‘think outside the box’ while working with clients to design solutions to meet unique workflow and design requirements
- Proven history of managing project teams to meet aggressive deadlines, utilizing sound project management methodology (processes, best practices, tools, and templates)
- Ability to utilize effective communication or negotiation skills, employing diplomacy and sensitivity to resolve critical or escalated issues affecting the client, project team, or senior management
- Proven experience managing scope and internal/external expectations through effective negotiation and partnering
- Fluency with Microsoft Office Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification required
- Fluency in English and Hebrew is a must. Familiarity with the culture and healthcare environment in Israel, as well as experience working with clients based in Israel, is preferred
- Open to frequent international travel (up to 75%)
Should you join American Well and the Professional Services team, you can expect:
Work hard play hard is definitely the mentality of the Professional Services team. We are the movers and the shakers in the American Well pyramid. Tasked with advancing client goals, workflows, and overall experience, thinking “outside of the box” is the only consistency each day on the Professional Services Team!
Comprised of five key areas of focus - Health Systems, Health Plans, Employers, Strategic Accounts, and a Project Management Office - this poised, articulate and fast-paced team is the driving force between our clients and American Well’s revolutionary technology. Each specialized area within the Professional Services team has a common goal of managing an effortless and efficient user experience from behind the scenes; this team bridges the gap between the wants and needs of each unique client, putting them into action.
Telehealth is a new, exciting and evolving technology, changing the healthcare world. If you are passionate about healthcare, and would like to be surrounded by energetic, innovative team members…. We can’t wait to meet you!
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Three weeks of vacation time
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks