Director of QA
- 75 State St, Boston, MA 02109, USA
American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Director of QA. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Director of QA will play a critical role in the Quality Assurance department. Specifically, the Director of QA will ensure on-time delivery of a high-quality product as we grow our industry-leading TeleHealth platform and continue to disrupt the healthcare market. Our engineering group follows an agile methodology where QA is an integral part of all design, planning, and implementation. The primary responsibility of this position is to measure and improve quality for the whole platform throughout the development process. This includes working with QA managers to ensure great planning and execution of manual and automated testing is completed for each test cycle, making use of any engineering resources needed to ensure proper test coverage and design, and ensuring that QA teams have the best processes and tools to get the job done. This person will work closely with the Development managers to collaboratively define the scope and schedule for each release cycle, and will report regularly on the health and effectiveness of the QA process.
- Responsible for providing strategic leadership, management, and direction to multiple QA teams and developing metrics to measure and improve quality across the platform
- Work with the QA Managers to prioritize the daily activities of the QA teams
- Work closely with Development and Support teams to ensure proper test coverage and execution
- Work with Development managers to plan and track test cycles in accordance with project scope and delivery dates
- Work with the Engineering Support team to ensure thorough root cause analysis is performed for defects identified in production
- Guide the design and implementation of the Continuous Integration test pipeline utilizing AWS deployments to provide reliable continuous integration test results
- Develop documentation standards for all test artifacts including test plans, test cases, defects, and execution and summary reports
- Conduct performance evaluations for direct reports; provide guidance, growth plans and career development to QA managers
- Oversee and participate in the interviewing, hiring, and onboarding of employees
- 5+ years testing experience in an agile startup environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of at least 10 people
- Comfortable providing technical guidance, risk assessments, and process recommendations in all aspects of manual and automated testing
- Ability to plan, track, and report on testing activities of multiple teams given finite resources
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Excellent ability to collaborate across functional teams to identify solutions to business problems
- Expertise in hands-on testing of web and mobile applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Should you join American Well and the Quality Assurance team, you can expect:
Two words come to mind when you’re thinking about American Well QA organization - Quality and Passion.
Working in close collaboration with multiple teams, ranging from development to product management to visual design, we’re on the cutting edge of software technology, making a history in HealthCare.
The crew of highly enthusiastic professionals provides 360⁰ product quality coverage: functionality, performance, scalability, high availability, usability, security and many other aspects of testing required to create a world-class Telehealth Platform.
Working in Agile environment, with particular focus on automation, we’re examining all system components that include but not limited to: web, mobile, back-end, integration.
If you’re energetic, forward-thinking individual, as passionate about the quality as we are, dreaming about making the world a better place, American Well QA team will be delighted to see you joining its ranks.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Three weeks of vacation time
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks