SDK Technical Lead
- 75 State St, Boston, MA 02109, USA
American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional SDK Technical Lead. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The SDK Technical Lead will play a critical role in Technical Services department. Specifically, the SDK Technical Lead will be the liaison between clients and American Well for SDK development projects. Conduct discovery sessions to understand, document and convey client technical architecture, intended American Well platform use cases and the applicable design to facilitate their implementation. Become a Subject Matter Expert in the American Well “out of box” platform and utilize your expertise to recognize the need for custom development and advise clients on the best design and specifications to achieve their goals. Working hand in hand with development and Professional Services, be accountable for the delivery of a holistic, quality and timely integrated solution.
• Help American Well Customers implement Mobile Apps using the American Well SDK
• Get new SDK customers up to speed quickly on SDK capabilities via training sessions, presentations and hands-on sessions to ensure customer success.
• Mentoring on SDK app development and answering Client questions
• Document and teach SDK app development best practices
• Partner with customers to create innovative SDK Apps that meet their needs and support them throughout development efforts.
• Contribute to a better SDK offering via feature feedback and suggestions from clients.
• Experience in mobile interface design and development
• Minimum 2 years’ experience building mobile apps using the iOS SDK and XCode
• Minimum 2 years’ experience building mobile apps using the Android SDK and Android Studio
• Experience with Cocoa / UIKit
• Experience completing an application and seeing it through full life cycle of development
• Have shipped at least one iOS app and one Android app– the more sophisticated the better
• Solid understanding of Xcode, Android Studio, Google Play Store and the Apple App Store approval process
• Strong relationship management experience particularly influencing others in a decision process; comfortable engaging with all levels of a client organization including C-suite.
• Self-starter, curious, accountable, enjoys a healthy level of autonomy, strong work ethic, able to succeed in a fast-paced, high intensity start up environment
• Excellent oral and written communications skills – expert listening and documentation skills are a must.
• Comfortable engaging or leading sessions without having all the information on hand. Demonstrates agility and welcomes change.
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
Should you join American Well and the Technical Services team, you can expect:
The R&D organization is a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, QA and Technical Services dedicated to creating a state of the art TeleHealth experience on every platform we can get our hands on. Our cross-functional teams follow a pragmatic Agile methodology as we balance feature requests, strategic initiatives, tech debt, and exciting partnerships on the path to delivering a market leading product to a quickly growing customer base. We work hand in hand with the whole American Well organization to ensure that our product meets the needs of all of our users.
As a team within the R&D organization, Technical Services delivers client specific platform configurations, custom reporting needs, and integration solutions enabling our platform to work hand in hand with third party systems across our customer base. We love to troubleshoot and diagnose production defects, innovate to expand our out–of-the-box platform and work directly with clients.
Whether you’re an advocate for the latest and greatest iOS and Android features, are committed to the ideal back-end architecture, or are dedicated to providing the best web usability, we have a place for you on our team.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Three weeks of vacation time
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks