Technical Support Engineer
- 75 State St, Boston, MA 02109, USA
American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Technical Support Lead. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Technical Support Lead will play a critical role on the Technical Support Team. American Well is seeking a Technical Support Lead who wants to be part of a dynamic software development organization. We are looking for someone who is capable of owning the process of isolating the root cause of problems reported by customers while collaboration with our QA, Hosting, and Development teams. This individual will serve as the team lead and will direct the troubleshooting activities of 2 or 3 other Tech Support Engineers while also serving as point person for the team. This individual must be focused, responsive, and committed and possess excellent communication skills. Specifically the Technical Support Lead will:
- Serve as the team lead for the R&D Tech Support team (level 4 support for our product family)
- Coordinate troubleshooting efforts of the other Tech Support Engineers
- Perform root cause analysis on issues escalated to R&D
- Communicate with internal and external customers to gather details, asses impact, and coordinate solutions and workarounds
- Communicate status and impact to R&D managers
- Collaborate with the development and QA teams to reproduce and characterize reported issues, file defects, and coordinate test coverage
- Analyze server application and access logs to identify user activity and system state
- Create SQL queries to gather relevant data
• Significant experience analyzing application logs
• Significant experience troubleshooting networked application functionality
• Proven understanding of client-server application architecture
• Proven structured problem solving skills
• Proven ability to multi-task and work through problems independently
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL or other relational database
• BA in Computer Science or equivalent
Should you join American Well and the R&D team, you can expect:
The development organization is a multi-disciplinary team of engineers dedicated to creating a state of the art TeleHealth experience on every platform we can get our hands on. Our cross-functional teams follow a pragmatic Agile methodology as we balance feature requests, strategic initiatives, tech debt, and exciting partnerships on the path to delivering a market leading product to a quickly growing customer base. We work hand in hand with the whole American Well organization to ensure that our product meets the needs of all of our users.
Whether you’re an advocate for the latest and greatest iOS and Android features, are committed to the ideal back-end architecture, or are dedicated to providing the best web usability, we have a place for you on our team.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Three weeks of vacation time
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Drop-off/pick up dry cleaning service
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks