Application Support Engineer
- 75 State St, Boston, MA 02109, USA
American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Application Support Engineer. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Application Support Engineer will play a critical role in Hosting. Specifically, the Application Support Engineer will be responsible for the installation, upgrades, and support of all production and pre-production applications and systems hosted by American Well. Work involves installation and management of the American Well applications, advanced application debugging, patch and upgrade management, and server administration, some of which requires off-hours maintenance windows.
- Deploy and manage all American Well Applications and third party software in our hosted environments
- Ensure timely installation of operating system and application upgrades
- Maintain all supporting components such as monitoring, alarming and performance analysis systems
- Perform performance analysis on the American Well applications.
- Report defects found in Pre-Production and Production to QA and Development teams; work closely with these teams to ensure timely resolution of these issues
- Perform system administration tasks on all application platforms in the hosted Application Services Platform (ASP).
- Create detailed implementation plans and Method of Procedure documentation to be followed as part of the company’s change control policy.
- Provide afterhours on call support to issues as they arise.
- BSEE/BSCS or equivalent degree.
- 0-2 years’ experience in a production application environment.
- Experience with real time transaction processing and web applications
- Microsoft and RedHat OS experience is strongly preferred
- VMware experience is strongly preferred
- Prior experience with java application support is preferred
- Scripting and monitoring systems experience is a plus
- SAN Storage experience is a plus
- Experience with SwiftMQ/ JMS, WebLogic, Crystal Reports is a plus
- Experience with mobile applications is a plus
- Ability to learn quickly, take the initiative, and work in a fast-paced dynamic environment is essential
- Ability to quickly isolate hardware and software issues and drive these issues to resolution
- Understand the importance of and able to perform engineering tasks using industry best practices governing change control, security, and confidential data handling
- Ability to work both independently and as a lead contributor to a team
Should you join American Well and the Hosting team, you can expect:
American Well’s Operations group is a mission-focused technology team made up the best and brightest technical talent. Operating out of our Boston headquarters, our engineers specialize in Information Technology, Cyber Security & Compliance, Hosting Operations, Business Intelligence, Kiosk Operations and Network Engineering. We operate a state of the art Cyber Command Center designed specifically to manage and protect our global telehealth infrastructure.
We leverage the latest technologies including an array of deployment and management tools as well as several cyber threat intelligence networks to keep our systems running smoothly around the clock.
If you enjoy working hard, challenging yourself, and staying at the cutting edge of technology, this is the team for you.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Three weeks of vacation time
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks