Linux Systems Engineer
- 75 State St, Boston, MA 02109, USA
American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Linux Systems Engineer. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Linux Systems Engineer will play a critical role in the Hosting department. Specifically, the Linux Systems Engineer will monitor existing systems to ensure structural integrity and oversee the development and installation of new hardware and software.
- Assist in identify departmental needs and contribute to the overall technical direction.
- Install and configure operating systems and other software and routinely test installed scripts
- Ensure constant availability of technical resources
- Design and implement security systems and redundant backups to maintain data safety
- Write custom scripts, and improve existing scripts to reduce the need for human intervention
- Continuous management and deployments of operating system patches
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Provide technical direction to Application support staff
- 2-6 years’ experience in system engineering and IT support required, with a primary focus on Linux based systems (Red Hat, CentOS)
- Proven track record of success in installation and maintenance of LINUX-based software
- Experience creating automated scripts and software
- Experience and exposure to configuration management and orchestrating tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Foreman, etc.)
- Experience in containers deployments and docker
- Exposure to Redis preferred
- Exceptional networking skills and knowledge
- Proven technical and non-technical communication skills
- Willingness to sign confidentiality agreement and protect trade secrets
Should you join American Well and the Hosting team, you can expect:
American Well’s Operations group is a mission-focused technology team made up the best and brightest technical talent. Operating out of our Boston headquarters, our engineers specialize in Information Technology, Cyber Security & Compliance, Hosting Operations, Business Intelligence, Kiosk Operations and Network Engineering. We operate a state of the art Cyber Command Center designed specifically to manage and protect our global telehealth infrastructure.
We leverage the latest technologies including an array of deployment and management tools as well as several cyber threat intelligence networks to keep our systems running smoothly around the clock.
If you enjoy working hard, challenging yourself, and staying at the cutting edge of technology, this is the team for you.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Three weeks of vacation time
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks