Senior Production DevOPs Engineer
- 75 State St, Boston, MA 02109, USA
American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Senior Production DevOPs Engineer. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Senior Production DevOps Engineer will play a critical role in the Hosting department. Specifically, the Senior Production DevOps Engineer will be working as an independent and creative developer with operations experience to support deployment and automation projects supporting on-premises and cloud-based environments.
- Support ongoing development efforts for applications written in Python and Perl
- Lead web service integration projects for process automation
- Streamline deployment processes by establishing CI/CD pipelines
- Programmatic system management using Puppet and Ansible
- Implement solutions for Docker container management
- Collaborate with multiple teams to develop solutions that meet their needs
- At least 2 years of experience working as a DevOps Engineer supporting production systems
- Strong coding skills specifically with Python and Perl
- Experience using Git to contribute code changes with multiple developers
- Familiar with deployment and configuration management tools such as Jenkins, Puppet, and Ansible
- Experience deploying and hosting applications on cloud platforms such as AWS
- Exposure to Docker a plus
- BS or higher in Computer Science or related program preferred
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
Should you join American Well and the Hosting team, you can expect:
American Well’s Operations group is a mission-focused technology team made up the best and brightest technical talent. Operating out of our Boston headquarters, our engineers specialize in Information Technology, Cyber Security & Compliance, Hosting Operations, Business Intelligence, Kiosk Operations and Network Engineering. We operate a state of the art Cyber Command Center designed specifically to manage and protect our global telehealth infrastructure.
We leverage the latest technologies including an array of deployment and management tools as well as several cyber threat intelligence networks to keep our systems running smoothly around the clock.
If you enjoy working hard, challenging yourself, and staying at the cutting edge of technology, this is the team for you.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Three weeks of vacation time
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks