Android Mobile Developer
- Boston, MA
American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Android Mobile Developer. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Android Mobile Developer will play a critical role on the Engineering team. Specifically, the Android Mobile Developer will:
- Design, implement and maintain Android applications using REST web services
- Responsible for architecting, implementing, and supporting American Well’s Android Telehealth products
- Conducts analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of the product
- Recognize process or programming inefficiencies, and recommend improvements
- Able to work independently on compressed schedules in a fast-paced environment to meet demand.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience building mobile apps using the Android SDK, some knowledge of the Android NDK would be a plus.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience in mobile interface design and development, material design experience is a plus.
- Experience completing an application and seeing it through full life cycle of development
- Experience with different Android architectures such as MVP and MVVM is a plus
- Experience building a mobile SDK is a plus
Should you join American Well and the Engineering team, you can expect:
The development organization is a multi-disciplinary team of engineers dedicated to creating a state of the art TeleHealth experience on every platform we can get our hands on. Our cross-functional teams follow a pragmatic Agile methodology as we balance feature requests, strategic initiatives, tech debt, and exciting partnerships on the path to delivering a market leading product to a quickly growing customer base. We work hand in hand with the whole American Well organization to ensure that our product meets the needs of all of our users.
Whether you’re an advocate for the latest and greatest iOS and Android features, are committed to the ideal back-end architecture, or are dedicated to providing the best web usability, we have a place for you on our team.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Three weeks of vacation time
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Drop-off/pick up dry cleaning service
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks