Director, Total Rewards and HR Systems
- Boston, MA
American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Director, Total Rewards and HR Systems. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Director, Total Rewards and HR Systems will play a critical role in Human Resources Department. Specifically, the Director, Total Rewards and HR Systems will Develop and continually advance compensation and benefits strategies and programs to align with business strategy and ensure the right mix and offerings are available to attract and retain an innovative, high caliber workforce around the world. These include health, wellness, retirement, base pay, incentives (cash and equity), annual merits aligned with performance and other rewards and perquisites that are aligned with the corporate strategies
• Collaborate and provide guidance to HR Leadership, the Executive Team, and Talent Acquisition function regarding compensation solutions, issues, evaluating new positions, grade levels, job descriptions, promotions and transfers.
• Ensure that the Company is in compliance with all compensation and benefits laws and regulations.
• Manage and negotiate with brokers and third party solution providers.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive communication strategy for total rewards programs.
• Stay abreast of compensation and benefits trends. Develop and participate in compensation/benefits surveys in order to gain an understanding of market trends and changing conditions. Assess findings and impact on the Company. Prepare statistical data and reports concerning benefits/compensation activities, programs or results. Ensure monthly, quarterly and annual reports are developed in an effective and timely manner. Assess report findings and make recommendations to management as needed.
• Develop and lead the process for all benefits related requests for proposals/negotiation with vendors of health, dental, life insurance, etc. This person will be the primary contact with domestic benefits broker on all benefit issues. Includes monthly and annual review of health benefits, costing, plan design changes, etc.
• Champion the audit of compensation and benefits programs. Coordinate with outside agencies as required. Make corrective judgments and recommendations regarding corrective actions to management. Determine compliancy with legal requirements and analyze, and recommend compliance actions for new and evolving compensation legislation.
• Identification, selection, and implementation of a global HRIS platform for America well.
• Manage the HRIS environment, enable American Well’s talent agenda while improving the employee and manager experience, and providing improved decision making to the business.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required. Advanced degree preferred.
• Must have a successful track record of leading the total rewards function for a global, high tech, publicly traded organization
• 10+ years of benefits, compensation, and HRIS related experience with a minimum of 3 years of leadership and executive compensation experience.
• Experience with compensation & benefit design and execution and in emerging geographical markets is a significant plus.
• Highly developed interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with the ability to explain, influence, listen, instruct, give clear feedback, and ask good questions
• Must have strong analytical skills and the ability to translate technical analysis into executive presentations.
• Innovative thinking and problem solver
• Strong influencer and communicator at all levels of the organization up through and including the CEO, Compensation Committee, and the Board of Directors.
• Leadership skills balanced with readiness to play a hands-on role
• Ability to think globally, strategically, and objectively and experience developing and implementing large scale projects and change initiatives
• Ability to link actions to the company strategy and performance
• Strong business acumen and solid understanding of the financial, legal and tax implications on compensation and benefits programs
• Team player, motivated and eager to create value for the Company
Should you join American Well and the Human Resources team, you can expect:
If you are looking to join a fun, energetic HR team where you can learn and grow, look no further! We are a small, yet efficient team all working together to make American Well a great place to work! The team is aligned with leadership and focused on both the candidate and the employee experience. Our focus is building and executing culture, employee engagement, retention and continuous learning initiatives. We have a work hard/play hard environment and truly enjoy coming into work to not only hang out with each other but create new ideas to make American Well great. Come join the fun!
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Three weeks of vacation time
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks